Chapter 11

Kain

I walk into the house after Roman dragging my feet. I had no intention of being here and now I had to he captain save people.

My dad stood in the middle of the house as my mom was throwing stuff doing from the spiral stairs going up. At the top, she looked down as she continued throwing my dads expensive watches, perfumes, clothes.

"How about now? You can take all of that to your girlfriends house." She says. "You can take that and start lying and cheating over there you scumbag." She continues

"What is happening?" Roman says looking up. It was so strange because now that I looked at my mom or not my mom, I felt that I never really had that connection to her. I loved her ofcourse but I wasnt sure if I felt that, especially how she used this to destroy my dad and I.

"Oh hi... maybe you can help Roman?" My mom says stopping. "Can you tell your father he is not welcome here."

"Jesus Christ Ellie-May, I live here." My dad says. I watch Hailey come out the living room and look around.

"I am moving out until this madness stops." She says. "You wanna take me in?" She asks me.

"Clarette... could you prepare me my suitcase. I will need my school uniform and some other clothes." She tells a staff member who awkwardly walked past.

"No, you are not going anywhere." My mom says as she now comes down the stairs. Even the craziness wouldnt stop my mother from dressing as if she was about to step into the most expensive restaurant in New York City.

"I am. Because this is madness. Have you seen Charlie the last few days?" She says. "Shes been locked up in her bedroom." My mom just stares at Hailey who stomps her feet and heads up the stairs. "Ill pack myself."

Roman just sighs and jogs up the stairs after her, hopefully to stop her. I really do not need Hailey and Charlie moving in and me babysitting teenagers?

"Spare me." I say as my dad looks at me opening his mouth. "Im here because of Roman."

My dad just walks away sighing and disappears into his office slamming the door shut. I decide my better option was probably Roman upstairs.

"Kain..." My mom says.

"Stop." I tell her as I climb the stairs. "Were still a family Kain, regardless." She says making me stop. I look at her and just laugh because it was almost so bad it was a joke.

"I still raised you. I was the one who looked after you. Me." She says.

"I think that was more our nanny's but okay..." I say as I see Roman come down.

"Were going to get some air." He says and I climb back downstairs. Charlie appeared in her sweats and hoodie as she looked lke she has not seen daylight in days.

"Jesus Charlotte. There is a sun in New York." I say and she just frowns taking the hood off.

We leave and head outside. "Ill drive them to yours." Roman says as he opened the garage doors to get his car out. I still had a car here which I always forget about. There was about 16 cars in the garage. It was underground to the house.

I nod at them and get in the car where I ask the driver to take us to my place.

"How did it go?"

"A fucking mess." I say and she just looks at me. "Ive never actually seen her file for divorce. She must be serious this time." I tell Zara. Ive seen my mom do all this theatrics before. It was just ridiculous and then they would act like they were all fine again. I wonder if thats what I do with Zara..