Chapter 3

Zara

I press number 84 in the lift and head upstairs to Kain's penthouse. How did I end up back here holding ice I got from the doorman. I press the code to the front door and walk into penthouse. Kain was sitting in the living room on the sofa running his fingers through his wet hair. He had just showered.

"I couldnt find ice in your freezer. So went downstairs." I tell him handing him the ice. He puts it on his cheek. His lower lip was also busted.

I was absolutely heartbroken to know that I was alone in this world. My own brother didnt want me around and wanted to ruin his life.

"Sorry for the mess I dragged you into." I tell him. One thing was for sure, Kain did have my back in time of need even though he was a fucking asshole. My brain was too tired to even think about all of this.

I sit down next to him and he pulls me feet on to his lap taking my heels off. He puts the ice down and kisses my lips pulling me in closer. "You good?"

"It is what it is... I don't need him or a family." I say and Kain just looks at me. "You got me." He says as he kisses my lips again. I just nod a little as he kisses me again this time I kiss him back and climb on to his lap straddling him. I could taste the metallic taste of his busted lip.

"Lets go to bed. Ill make you feel better." He says making me smile. I get off of him and he gets up. I follow him up the stairs into his bedroom where he takes my dress off slowly.

I wake up tangled in Kain's bed hearing my phone buzzing. I get up and Veronica texts me asking about Zade which I ignore. Kain has a shoot for Calvin Klein. He was the current ambassador and face for the brand. He kissed me bye in the morning early at the crack of dawn. I shower and get myself dressed in sweats and a hoodie. I head downstairs and see Kain asked the housekeeper to prepare me breakfast.

I hear the door and watch Roman walk through the kitchen with Rosie.

"Hey..." Rosie says probably surprised to see me here. Roman didn't seem to surprised.

"Whats up?" He asks sitting down. "You having breakfast at 12 in the afternoon?"

"Yeah. I just woke up." I tell him. "Wheres Kain?"

"He had a shoot, should be back around now." I tell him.

"So youre back together?" He asks.

"He swears he didn't sleep with her." I say and Rosie nods. "He swears to us too."

"What are you guys up to today?" I ask. "We were going to the country club in the building and lay around the pool." Rosie says. "Its Saturday."

"You're unemployed everyday is a Saturday." Roman says to her making me laugh. She gives him a fake laugh and rolls her eyes. "Im just not meant for employment."

"We know Rose, we know." Roman says as he eats the food off my plate.

Julian appears walking into the kitchen. "I love how we hang around here without the guy who lives here." He says.

"I live in this building too?" Rosie says looking at Julian. "You guys just love hanging around here because Kain has the game room and a better view."

"How does your grandfather own Henry-George building and Kain has the better floor?" I ask her. Julian wrapped his arm around Rosie before kissing her lips. She looked at him like he was a gift sent from heaven.

"She lost the bet." Julian laughs. "Now shes on 42nd floor."

"Sucker." Roman laughs.

"You hanging out with us?" Rosie says. "I got swimming clothes if you need some.."