Chapter 21

Kain

A week later

I jog down the stairs and walk into the living room where Roman was sat on my sofa eating a burger with Samantha on his lap as she picked out fries.

"So have you two like moved in?" I ask the two. "And since when are you eating burgers?"

"Since your ex-girlfriend put me on In n Out." He says and I roll my eyes. Zara was haunting me everywhere.

"And the moving in bit?"

"Kain... do you not want us here?" Samantha asks me. I wasnt really sure how she just returned and slipped back into the gang like business. I didnt mind her really... She kept Roman away from being all up in my business. Funny enough since she has been around, I have seen less of Rosie and Julian. There was this weird tension and I didnt want to be in between my brother and best friend.

"No I do not." I say. "Why is that a question?"

"Sure." Roman chuckles. "We just dont want you to be in a pit of sadness and heartbreak."

"I am fine." I say.

"Ive seen you break up with a girl before and you didnt seem to care very much." Samantha says.

"Because he is disgustingly inlove with Zara." Roman says to her.

"So whats the game plan?" Samantha asks. "She is so pretty. That club she owns with her brother was so nice. I want to go there again." She says to Roman.

"Yeah its litt in there." Roman nods along.

"There is no game plan." I say. I wasnt sure why I had to be plotting with these idiots. I know Zara and I know she loved me like I loved her. This wasnt the end of our story? It couldnt be...

I would do anything to get back and stop myself. I wasnt even sure what to do without myself to be honest. Everything just seemed grey without Zara. I was having a massive block due to her stupid brother as well, fucking everywhere now they lived and worked together.

"Anyway... we should leave." Roman says looking at me. "Were running late."

"Yeah because youre here eating fucking burgers on my sofa." I say.

"Im surprised youre even coming to a family event." Roman says. "Without Zara youre easier to get to do things because you do not have her to run back to."

"Are you psycho analyzing me?" I ask him confused.

"Shut up." I say as he opens his mouth. Samantha and him just laugh as they get up making me regret leaving my penthouse.

"Kain I am obsessed with your view." She says to me as we walk out the place. The whole place was glass and oversaw the New York Skyline. The sunsetting was my favourite and it was Zara's aswell.

It was my cousin Younes' birthday and we were having a family meal at my uncle and aunts house. My father had two siblings, my uncle and my aunt. My uncle had two son's Younes and Yusef. Younes and I had a period of being close and were constantly together. My uncle always said he fell in with the wrong crowd but he was the wrong crowd. He always something up his sleeve from when we were in the sandbox.

We rock up at the dinner a little late and everyone was already there. I ignored the ordeal with my parents. I have seen Zachariah hang out with Roman but I couldnt be bothered to be building new relationships.

My parents greet us and my father and smiled happy I was here I guess. "Where is Zara?" He asks.

"We broke up." I tell him. "I told you not to ask him that." My mom says to my dad.