⊹₊ ⋆ 𝐑𝖾𝗏𝖾𐓣𝗀𝖾 ⱺ𝖿 𝐓ɦ𝖾 𝐒ρ𝗂ᑯ𝖾𝗋 𝐐υ𝖾𝖾𐓣 (1)┊011

"Where's your parents?" The old man asked as the rain poured from the dark clouds above, "Come inside

"Where's your parents?" The old man asked as the rain poured from the dark clouds above, "Come inside." He beckons you to the inside of his shack. You hesitantly stepped one foot forward. What other choice did you have? Stay out in the pouring, cold rain, or go somewhere where you could be warm?

You walked inside the house. The old man gave you a long piece of cloth and wrapped it around your shaking figure. There was a puddle of water underneath you as you violently shook at the bone-chilling cold that circulated across your body.

The old man disappeared for a few minutes before coming back with a hot cup of tea. The cup had steam floating up and out of the cup, and your hands automatically reached out to the warm cup that the man graciously gave to you.

You quickly took a sip out of the cup as the old man sat beside you. "Tell me, what is your name young boy?" The old man asked. You looked up at him, which allowed you to get a better look at him.

He had a long white and gray beard along with his hair that was put up into a small bun. His eyes were tiny and his face was wrinkled. His skin looked like a crumpled-up piece of paper with a few splodges of off colors.

You shrugged in response. "Don't...know..." You murmured.

"Then I shall name you. Your name is M/n L/n." You looked off at the fireplace where the warm fire roared.

"M/n L/n." You repeated under your breath, "Can...can me stay here?"

"Hmm... Your speaking skills need work..." The old man hummed, "You shall stay here and I'll teach you how to properly speak, however, to stay here you have to clean and do chores." You nodded your head obediently to indicate you knew what he was saying.

"What me call you?" You asked.

"Call me Qiang Shen."

🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Crowds formed around and cheered in excitement. Fancy lanterns hung from different food stalls as the bright colorful lights glimmered around the area. Many ran or walked around as they checked out different stalls to buy certain things for New Year's.

You and Mei were helping Pigsy by making dumplings. You were quick and efficient with making them along, yours were perfect and neat while Mei's were...questionable. Hot steaming meat poked out or completely fell out of the dumplings.

She attempted to make another dumpling. She happily hummed a tune as she tried to fold and twist the dough around the meat only to fail miserably. She looked at your pile of dumplings and groaned in slight frustration, "M/n! How'd you make yours so perfect, these are so hard to make. I feel like this would be easier if I had fingers..." She looked back at her failed dumpling before shrugging and carelessly putting it onto a plate with the other messy dumplings.