⊹₊ ⋆ 𝐑𝖾𝗏𝖾𐓣𝗀𝖾 ⱺ𝖿 𝐓ɦ𝖾 𝐒ρ𝗂ᑯ𝖾𝗋 𝐐υ𝖾𝖾𐓣 (2)┊012

"You've grown quite a bit, M/n

"You've grown quite a bit, M/n." Qiang Shen chuckled as you carried two large buckets over your shoulders. Beads of sweat ran down the side of your cheek as the sun beat down on your back. It has been 2 months since the old man from earlier has "adopted" you.

"Thank you." You murmured. You set the two buckets of water down next to the shack's porch. "Sun is bright and hot."

"Incorrect. It's 'The Sun is bright and hot.'" He corrected you, "Your grammar has improved, but it still needs work." The old man hummed.

"Ohhh..." You set the two buckets of water next to the steps that led up to the porch. You sat down on the steps and loudly exhaled in exhaustion. Strands of hair stuck to your face due to the slick sweat that covered your body. Your ears were folded down to show the discomfort of the hot weather.

"But I agree, it is quite hot out." Qiang Shen looked down towards you, "You know, you never answered my question from when we first met."

"Huh? I don't understand..."

"Incorrect. It's 'I don't understand.'" Qiang Shen hit you on your head with his cane. You whined in pain and rubbed the top of your head. "Seems you don't remember. I asked where your parents were."

You looked down at your scuffed knees in silence, "I's–ahem–I don't know." You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up at Qiang Shen, "Is that bad?"

"No, not necessarily. Do you even know how old you are?" He asked.

"Why ask so many questions..." You muttered under your breath. Qiang Shen whacked you on top of the head with his cane. You yelped and glared at him.

"Don't glare at me, boy."

"I don't know. Maybe 6...?" You answered.

"You're stronger than a 6-year-old, that's for sure."

"Really?" You felt a glint of pride rush through your small body.

"Mhm, you'd do great as a soldier. I think it's because of that tiger blood rushing your small body." Qiang Shen waved his cane in a circle in front of you before setting it back down on the wooden porch.

"A soldier..?"

"Indeed."

"I don't want to be a soldier..." You muttered.

"Well then, what do you want to be?" The old man asked curiously.

"I want to be me-self"