53. Whispers of Doom (pt.2).

The previous month, Taehyung's life took a perilous turn, not by chance but by design.

Acting on a tip-off, the police embarked on a mission to apprehend one of Maria's associates, believed to be operating in Korea alongside other drug dealers. Although they managed to track them down, chaos ensued when the criminals launched a sudden attack, resulting in a barrage of bullets.

In the ensuing chaos, Taehyung and his fellow officers found themselves caught in the crossfire, sustaining severe injuries. In a daring move, they plunged into the nearby lake to evade their assailants. However, tragedy struck when only two bodies were recovered from the depths of the lake, unrecognizable and beyond identification.

The loss of Taehyung and his colleagues dealt a heavy blow to the department, leaving them grappling with the realization that they had missed a crucial opportunity to unravel Maria's criminal network and bring her to justice.

In a stunning revelation, it was Chief Kim Taehyung himself who masterminded the entire operation, orchestrating a plan that left the entire department blindsided. With meticulous precision, Taehyung and his trusted officers executed a carefully crafted strategy to deceive both the criminals and their own colleagues.

Under Taehyung's direction, one of his officers strategically left a firearm within reach of the criminals, ensuring they would pick it up and initiate the chaos that would follow. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Taehyung had already taken control of the situation, having the two men firmly in his grasp.

As chaos unfolded and bullets flew, Taehyung's cunning plan came to fruition, ultimately leading to the disposal of the bodies in the lake. While the department mourned the loss of their colleagues and grappled with their failure to apprehend the criminals, Taehyung silently reveled in the success of his covert operation.

Taehyung and Jimin returned home to a somber and eerily quiet atmosphere, their hearts heavy with concern for their beloved Y/n. Another failed therapy session only added to the prevailing sense of despair, leaving them both deflated as they collapsed onto the couch with heavy sighs. The weight of helplessness hung over them like a shroud, making it impossible to find solace or distraction in the midst of Y/n's ongoing struggles.

Determined to offer whatever support they could, Taehyung made his way to Y/n's room, where he found Yoongi diligently tending to her feverish body with cold sponges, while Jungkook provided comfort by holding her trembling hand.

Y/n's tear-streaked face and trembling form reflected the depth of her anguish, mirroring the profound sadness etched on Yoongi's face, which betrayed his own inner turmoil.

Taehyung gently touched her burning cheek with the back of his hand and sighed at the severity of her high fever, knowing it would leave her weakened for days to come.

"It's going to take her a while to recover from this," he murmured, his voice heavy with concern.

For two long hours, they worked tirelessly to bring her fever down, Yoongi diligently administering cold compresses while the others hovered anxiously nearby. Eventually, exhaustion claimed Y/n, and she drifted into a fitful sleep in her room, her body finally finding respite from the relentless fever.

As they gathered on the couch, the weight of the evening's events hung heavily in the air. Jin recounted Y/n's reaction to the injection, his expression filled with worry and frustration.