56. Lost Voices.

Y/N stirred from her slumber to find Taehyung's warm smile greeting her. Returning the gesture with a small smile of her own, she felt a sense of comfort wash over her in his presence. Taehyung's gentle touch as he patted her head brought a reassuring sense of safety.

Concern etched across his features, Taehyung's voice was soft as he asked, "Are you okay?" Y/N responded with a slight nod, silently conveying her gratitude for his unwavering support. However, her moment of tranquility was interrupted by the nurse's approach with the needle, causing her to flinch instinctively.

Taehyung's playful antics swiftly dispelled the tension, his teasing pinch on her nose eliciting a giggle from Y/N. She playfully scolded him with her eyes, conveying her relief at being in his presence.

"You little," Taehyung teased, "You scared us!"

Y/N's eyes sparkled with amusement as she nodded, acknowledging his playful scolding.

With a simple exchange of glances, they shared an unspoken understanding, and Y/N mouthed the word "home" to Taehyung, her silent plea for comfort and familiarity. Taehyung's eyes softened with understanding as he gently squeezed her hand, promising to take her home soon.

Y/N remained blissfully unaware of the dark shadow from her past looming over her present. For 15 years, she had endured the torment of her abductor, Maria, a sinister figure whose grip on her life had been suffocating. However, with the unwavering support of her family by her side, Y/N found herself slowly embracing a newfound sense of optimism.

Each day brought moments of joy and laughter, a stark contrast to the years of pain and fear she had endured in captivity at the hands of Maria. Surrounded by the love and warmth of her family, Y/N began to rediscover herself, finding solace in the simple pleasures of life that had once seemed out of reach.

Yet, unbeknownst to her, Maria lurked in the shadows, her twisted obsession with Y/N refusing to wane. Despite the darkness that threatened to engulf her once more, Y/N remained resilient, her newfound optimism serving as a beacon of hope in the face of Maria's relentless pursuit.

As the nurse approached with the injection, Taehyung immediately sprang into action, determined to keep Y/N distracted. He launched into a playful monologue, weaving stories and cracking jokes, all aimed at keeping her attention away from the impending needle.

Y/N listened intently to Taehyung's words, her eyes sparkling with amusement as he continued to regale her with his antics.
Despite the nurse's best efforts to administer the injection, Taehyung's relentless distractions proved effective. Y/N remained blissfully unaware of the needle's presence, completely engrossed in Taehyung's entertaining banter.

Finally, with the injection administered, the nurse smiled warmly at Y/N before excusing herself from the room. Left alone with Taehyung, Y/N flashed him a grateful smile, mouthing a silent thank you as she leaned into his comforting presence.

Just then, Yoongi and Jin entered the room, their faces lighting up at the sight of Y/N's improved condition. Y/N's eyes lit up with joy as she spotted them, and she eagerly mouthed "home" once again, her longing for the comfort of familiar surroundings evident in her expression.

Two days later, Yoongi and Taehyung escorted Y/N back home, her safe return a bittersweet relief for all. During those intervening days, the boys spared no effort in their quest to track down the waiter and the mysterious assailant who had targeted Y/N. Yet, their pursuit yielded only grim discoveries, culminating in the grisly find of the waiter's lifeless body in a desolate dumping ground outside Seoul.