Chapter Nine

Ok, I wanted to say some things before you start reading this chapter. I'm still quite stressed for no apparent reason and I am having a hard time writing something that actually makes sense. However I want to try and update as much as I can. I do not promise anything as that would only add to my stress, but I'll try!! Enjoy<333

_______________________________________

Jongho strolled into the park, his hot coffee secured in his hand as he took pleasure in the gentle wind that ruffled his hair and in the warm sun of mid April.

His mind was at ease even if his heart constantly felt like it was on the verge of a breakdown, but that was kind of normal since he took a liking in his brother's band's drummer.

Yeosang.

His mind wandered to the older, the way his long hair fell absolutely perfectly on his forehead and on his neck, framing his gorgeous sculpture-like face, the way his smile had made him feel all warm inside the first time he had seen it, how freaking hot he looked when he played his instrument.

He smiled to himself thinking about all of these little things that made the older who he was, but his smile soon faded as he remembered that Yeosang had, in fact, a girlfriend.

Yeah, San had said that Yeosang wanted to break up with her, but what if they ended up talking it out and keeping on dating each other?

In addiction to that, Jongho had absolutely no idea on why the older wanted to break up with her. After all, Soyeon was a beautiful girl, and she was so nice to be around.

How did Jongho know Yeosang's girlfriend you ask? Well, he had been the reason they had met in the first place.

Soyeon had been a great friend of his for quite a few years now. They weren't really bestfriend, Jongho wouldn't consider them as bestfriend, but they talked from time to time. They had stopped talking as much once Jongho had realized his feeling for Yeosang and started unvolountarily distancing himself from her.

Because it hurt seeing the man you had fallen for with one of your friends, expecially when you were the one that introduced them.

Speaking of the devil, he saw a figure in the distance sitting on a bench.

Her long black wavy hair were unmistakable and he found himself standing there for a second, looking at the woman, without the slightest idea of what to do.

He dicided to walk up to her.

Her head was hung low, supported by her hands that kind of covered her face. She was wearing a simple hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. Strange, that wasn't like her.

She usually dressed up even when she had to go to the store right beside her apartment.

When Jongho finally got close enough he took a seat on the other side of the bench, he should say something, shouldn't he?

The girl raised her head without giving him the time to actually think of what to say and oh- oh... She was crying.

Her eyes were red and puffy, her makeup smudged because of the tears. She still looked beautiful of course, but it was impossible not to see the pain in her eyes.

"Jongho, hi." Soyeon wiped away her tears, diplaying a big smile.

Jongho was taken aback a little. It was the first time in years he had seen her like this. She usually wasn't the type to go to her friends when she was down.

"Hey... Are you okay?" He asked, a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, yeah I– God I can't even be mad!!" She dropped her smile. "...You're a nice guy Jongho."

"Did something happen?" Jongho asked placing a hand on her back and stroking it lightly.

Soyeon sighed. "Yeosang broke up with me, he..." She seemed to hesitate for a second. "...He likes someone else."

"...Oh."

They stayed silent for a few moments, Soyeon looking ahead of her and Jongho staring at the hand in his lap holding his beverage.

"...Did he tell you who—"

"Do you like him?"

Jongho's whole body stiffened. The question had came out of nowhere, he wasn't prepared, so he couldn't help the way his eyes widened and his jaw slightly dropped, his ears were probably red too.

Soyeon shot a glance at him and a sad smile appeared on his face.

"Yes, he did tell me who. I don't think it'smy place to tell you though."

Then she stood up, and after saying a quick goodbye she walked away, leaving a confused Jongho behind.

Jongho stared at her while she was leaving with a worried and puzzled look on his face. So Yeosang had really decided to break it off with her. And he liked someone.

Even with the knowdeledge that it was almost impossible for the older to actually return his feelings he couldn't help the warm feeling of hope settling in his chest, nor the sad feeling that Yeosang actually liked someone.

Why was it so hard to like?

He was so deep in thoughts that he didn't even notice the figure approacing and sitting where Soyeon was sat just a few minutes before, until it was already sat, and he felt frozen on the spot when he actually registered who was beside him on that bench.

"...What are you doing here?"

Yeosang smiled at him sweetly and leaned back on the back of the bench.

"Soyeon texted me to come back 'cause I forgot something. I don't really think I actually did now that I'm here."

Jongho nodded and adverted his gaze to the sky above them. He was trying hard to think about anything that wasn't the fact that the older had just broke up with his girlfriend, and he was failing miserably, until Yeosang's voice snapped him back out of his mind.

"...Are you coming to the band's practice tomorrow?"

"I don't know," He looked back at the blond haired male, "I think I might drop by for a bit."

"Got it."

Silence filled the air between them.

Yeosang looked calm, peaceful, while Jongho's thoughts were swirling in his head non-stop making him feel each and every single emotion.

Happiness from being with him crush -they never saw each other a lot, mostly when Jongho decided to keep his brother company during their practices- Embarassement because what the hell he was with his crush!! Distress because Yeosang would never actually like someone like him, he deserved someone better, and the incredible urge to just drop everything and run away where anyone would ever find him.

"So..." Yeosang got up from the bench and turned to him, "I really need to get going, I'll see you tomorrow hopefully?"

"...Yeah, see you tomorrow."

And Jongho was left alone once again, the bubbling feeling in his chest making him smile as he already planned in his head to ask his brother to tag along.

He couldn't wait.