Chapter Nineteen

Lost.

If someone were to ask Yunho how he felt right now, lost would be his answer.

Because he could not get the image of Mingi walking away from him at the playground out of his head. He had tried, and tried, and tried, but he couldn't.

He had felt a pang of sadness wash over him right then and there, and he didn't know what that was, he couldn't place it.

Yunho liked Seonghwa, but it hurt so much rejecting Mingi, and now he was just left confused. It did not help him at all when just the day before Yeosang had came home completely red and with an incredibly wide smile on his face while he told him what had happened with Jongho.

His bestfriend was now in a relationship with the guy he had been liking since basically forever (even if he had been in denial most of the time) and Yunho couldn't even understand his own feelings.

His head hurt from how much he had been thinking about it all. He didn't even tell Seonghwa.

And he didn't even felt the need to text the older. As much as he had been convinced of his feelings for him he wasn't even feeling the need to text him right now. But Mingi...

He was afraid of losing Mingi. His finger twitched everytime he took him phone in his hands, itching to just click on that specific chat and send a text that would probably be left unanswered after the rejection. But why.

Why wasn't he feeling the usual want to text Seonghwa?

He looked at his phone, it was 07:43pm.

Yunho sighed, standing up from the comfort of his couch to straighten his back, a satisfying crack sound filling the empty room. He needed to leave if he didn't want to drown in his self despair any longer, and he sure as hell didn't want that.

The first thought that came to hid mind was to go to the bar, get drunk, and forget about anything, but he discarded that option. He had never really been one to drink to forget, and he wasn't about to become one, so instead, he opted to go to a cafe, hopefully there were still some open despite the hour.

It took him quite a while to find one that wasn't closed, but after about twenty minutes of walkng he finally found one. Walking hadn't bothered him, he could use the fresh air anyway.

Upon entering he immediately recognized the place, he had alrady been there. His mind wandered back to his and Seonghwa first encounter. He expected his stomach to completely fill with butterflies, he really did expect it, but it never happened. Instead, in his mind, a clear image of a smiling Mingi popped up.

Yunho shook his head. He had gone outside to ease his mind, not to let his thought be invaded by someone.

He took a seat on one of the small tables near the entrance. No one was currently inside apart from the single workedìr behind the counter so he theorically could sit wherever he wanted, but it still felt wrong to occupate one of the bigger tables. That, and he didn't want to feel lonlier thaat he already did.

Immediately, the worker came to his table to take his order. He settled on a cappuccino.

While he was waiting, looking outside the window on his left, the door opened and the bell settled above it filled the room with its cheerful sound. So someone else liked to go out at this hour for a beverage that wasn't something alcoholic.

Drawn by his curiosity for the other person that, instead of deciding to stay in the comfort of their own house, had decided to go out, but to his surprise, it was someone he knew quite well, and at the same time, someone that reminded him of a person he really didn't want to think about now.