Chapter TwentyTwo

Yunho was sure. Like, a hundred percent sure.

He had asked Seonghwa to come watch them perform to have a chat and figure out if his feelings still stood in the big abyss of uncertainty but it had turned out better than he expected.

Well, for his feelings at least, he sure hoped Seonghwa was safe. Hongjoong had looked pretty angry when he had dragged him away.

He would have checked on them if he didn't see them five minutes later walk out of the bar hand in hand. For a moment the thought of them being a couple crossed his mind, it would make a lot of sense. It would explain Hongjoong's anger right afyer Seongjwa had kissed his cheek at last.

But still, when Seonghwa had hugged him it didn't feel the same as when he had hugged Mingi. And neither it did when Seonghwa had kissed his cheek.

His heart didn't beat as hard, didn't beat as fast.

He was currently sitting on a stool at the bar counter. He had ordered a drink right after that revelation and now it was close to finished.

He sighed.

Guess he would have to confess now, huh?

***

San was looking around the bar. He had seen Wooyoung when he was on stage. He would have walked up to him then but he couldn't leave the band just like that, so now he was looking around helplessy to try and find the man.

It didn't help that Wooyoung had black hair. Hell, a lot of people have black hair.

After that morning when Wooyoung had left without saying anything while he was preparing breakfast, San hadn't been able to contact the younger at all.

He had tried texting him, calling him, but the texts were all left on delivered and the calls imediately went to voice mail.

So now that he knew the other was here he had to talk to him. He had to.

Because even if San had approached him for his looks he had come to know Wooyoung was an incredibly sweet guy, caring and thoughtful, despite all his struggles, and San felt the impulse to protect him, let him know that he was there not for something, but just because he wanted to.

He still found him attractive of course, he just could see everything else behing those looks, and he had come to like it.

He was walking to the bar when he finally spotted him. Wooyoung was there, at the counter, sipping on a drink looking nowhere in particular, when their eyes met.

Wooyoung widened his eyes. San began to walk up to him, but the other just stood up from the stool he was previously sitting on and walked away, leaving the drink on the counter top.

He followed him. He needed to talk to him, maybe understand why Wooyoung was avoiding him. He kept following and following, until Wooyoung disappeared.

San helplessy looked around trying to find him, but he couldn't see him. He saw Hongjoong leaving with Seonghwa hand in hand, but that was one of his last concerns.

And then it was almost as if a light bulb lit up in his brain.

Maybe Wooyoung had gone to the bathroom to hide.

Why he was hiding San didn't know, but he decided to check either way.

He entered the bathroom, the music decreasing considerably in volume as the doors closed. The stalls were lined up in front of him, but not one was locked. The room was empty.

He walked back out into the crowd, a sigh of frustration leaving his lips. He had lost his chance to talk to Wooyoung.

He couldn't see why he should remain there anymore. The whole reason he had decided to stay in the first place was to talk to Wooyoung, but if he couldn't find the younger he would just go home.