Chapter Eight

Seonghwa sighed as pulled up his jeans and tugged his white shirt in.

After the whole Wooyoung wanting some space that morning he felt extremely helpless and after carefully going through his options he had decided to let loose and go to the bar.

Yes, that bar.

He hoped he would be lucky enough to find Hongjoong's and San's band playing, or maybe meet someone new and have a conversation that could advert his mind from his bestfriend.

He picked up his keys and put on his shoes before going out the door and to his car.

He got in and started the engine, turning on some background music in the meantime.

It felt like a long drive even when it wasn't.

Once he pulled up into the parking lot he could already hear the music coming from inside the place, but it wasn't the music he had hoped for.

He sighed once again, realizing the fact that it wasn't Hongjoong's and San's band that performed tonight, and he pushed open the door, taking in the scent of drinks and people.

He made his way to the bar counter to order his favourite drink, the same one Wooyoung had ordered for him on his birthday. Maybe he should order something else.

He asked the bartender for a drink. In the end he couldn't bring himself to order his favourite one, so instead he had asked the woman behind the counter to make him something sweet and possibly with a high alcoholic volume, at which she nodded with a smile and turned to prepare the drink.

He closed his eyes and exhaled sadly as he waited.

After what seemed like a minute the bartender handed him his drink and he immediately took a sip.

He liked it. It was sweet, but not too sweet and he could taste the alcohol in it. That woman sure knew how to make good drinks.

"Seonghwa?" A voice spoke from beside him.

He turned his head to find the person who had called his name and he immediately widened his eyes, because it had been, surprise surprise, Hongjoong.

He hadn't expected him to be there.

"Hongjoong?"

Hongjoong was wearing a tank top, a deep shade of blue this time -or at least that's what Seonghwa thought as it was kind of difficult to ditinguish colors with all the lights surrounding them- and a pair of not too skinny but not baggy either light jeans.

He looked good, Seonghwa thought as he stared at the other in utter shock.

"You don't look to good. You alright?" Hongjoong asked him taking a sip of his own drink.

"Oh," Seonghwa took a seat on the stool beside the other. "I'm alright. Woo asked for some time and... yeah I guess I just felt pretty useless..." He looked down at the drink in his hands.

"You don't look too good either." He added after a few second of silence and a quiet hum from Hongjoong, which he saw more than heard.

"Just my boyfriend falling in love with one of my bandmates" He threw his hand in the air, gesriculating a bit as he added "Ex, now, I guess."

Seonghwa nodded.

"Sorry, it must suck."

"It does but, you know," Hongjoong smiled sadly. "Can't really do anything about it. And my bandmate's a really good person. I hope it works out for them."

Seonghwa nodded again. He wanted to try and comfort the other but, well, he didn't really know him. The only sound that filled the space between them was the overly loud music coming from the speakers all around the place, and it was awkward at least until the fourth drink, at which both of them started to loosen up and make small talks.