Chapter TwentyFour

A few days had passed since Wooyoung had asked San if they could meet, so now San was happily waiting at nine in the morning for the younger male beside his car in the parking lot of Wooyoung's apartment.

At first he had asked Hongjoong to help him with his outfit, but in the end he had ended up going for a light sweater -since the days were becoming warmer and warmer- and a pair of jeans (and yes, Hongjoong had complained about his choice, but it was San's life after all).

He had sent a text to Wooyoung a few minutes earlier, receiving a "be down in a sec" as a reply, so now all he had to do was wait. He mindlessly scrolled through his phone, repeatedly tapping his foot on the floor beneath. He liked being able to hang with Wooyoung, and he wouldn't trade it for anything. Of course his heart desired more, but Wooyoung liked Seonghwa -San was aware after that one conversation- and he wouldn't be the one to put the younger under unnecessary pression. It would only drie him away if he did.

After only a couple of minutes a voice brought his attention back into realitity. He raised his head to the ringing voice of Wooyoung coming from the building's doors, just to widen his eyes once they settled on the fluffly mop of hair on the younger's head. 

Wooyoung's hairs weren't black no more, no. They were bright red, and Wooyoung looked absolutely dazzling as they fell in a messy order over his partly exposed forehead.

As San's gaze trailed to the other's outfit, he suddenly regretted not ltting Hongjoong talk him into putting a little more effort in his choice of clothes, because right now, with his white, long sleeved crop top and his slightly baggy jeans hanging low on his hips and held up by a black leather belt, Wooyoung was gorgeous, and San felt so very small compared to him despite their different builds and the few centimeters that made him a little taller.

He smiled at Wooyoung nonetheless, sending a smile in his direction and receiving a beaming one in return. San's heart stuttered in his chest.

As they got in San's car, San couldn't help but glance at the younger every now and then. It was hard to be a nice frind when Wooyoung was this good looking right now.

He started the engine and started driving off with no actual destination in mind. He just needed to do something to keep his racing thoughts occupied really. After only five minutes into the road, he asked, putting in all of his efforts to try and sound normal and not breathless, "What did you have in mind?"

Wooyoung turned to him then with another one of his grins thet could send a wave of butterflies roaming around in San's stomach -fortunately he was focused on the road ahead, otherwise they probably would have crashed somewhere- just to reposition his focus outside the window once again right after.

"I didn't really think about it. You up for breakfast?"

San had already ate breakfast. It was an important part of his morning routine -bathroom, shower, clean clothes, breakfast, and then teeth- and he honestly didn't really feel like eating something else after the strangely good pancakes Yeosang had made that morning after he had spent the night with Jongho.

"Breakfast sounds good." He said instead, and the smile on Wooyoung's face - of which he cought a glimpse of from his peripherals- was everything he needed, beacuse as long as Wooyoung was happy, that was all that mattered.

Wooyoung seemed happier than usual too. Normally in the car he would blankly stare outside the window, sometimes engaging in short light hearted conversations that could advert his focus from whatever was bothering his at the moment. Not that now he wasn't looking through the glass beside him, but he was smiling, and he seemed relaxed. Well, maybe not relaxed, he looked full of energy for that matter, but it seemed as if his mind was lighter, and the weight of his worries had been lifted off his shoulder.