CHAPTER-5 (NATALIA)

We reached home and now i'm in my room to change my clothes and then I have to go to Belinda's office. I was exhausted as hell so I just wore a hoodie and shorts. i twirled around the corridor and i'm captivated by the beauty of this house. Elegant furniture, lighting in the house and colours on the walls. It's a peace to stay here. I'm really enchanted by the interiors of this mansion. There are so many rooms here. does anyone use them? And don't get me wrong, I didn't come from a billionaire family so it's all just new for me.

"Hey Belinda." I greeted her as I entered her off-
WHAT THE FUCK! Is this really a office?
"How was the party, honey?" Belinda asked me as she put the magazine aside.
" It was fun. Uh-What you wanted to talk about?" I asked curiously. She smiled at me and pointed at a chair across her. I sat at the chair and waited for Belinda to tell anything further. She took a deep breath. " Yes so, I'm apologising you first because I invaded your privacy but it was a mistake and don't react before listening. Got it?"
"ooo-kayyy...." I said in confusion. I don't know what type of bombshell she's going to drop. "Care to elaborate miss."
"Don't call me that, bitch." she gave me a horrific stare because she don't like when anyone call her miss and I love to tease her by calling miss. "So, do you remember before going to India, you were talking to your mum on speaker in your office?" I shook my head as I don't remember what she's talking about. "Your mum gave you a deadline to find someone to settle with and if you don't find one then she's going to find an Indian man for you. And I know that will destroy your career as you will have to shift in India if that will be the case. Secondly, I'm sure you haven't find anyone, did you?" O my god! Now I remember what she's talking about but-
"Uh- before you can ask, yes I over heard your conversation which is wrong and I'm sorry for that. Now answer my question." I gulped down the lump forming in my throat and shook my head.
"No, I haven't found anyone yet because I don't want anyone. I'm fine alone. It reminds me of-" Before I could argue further, she cut me off. " I know, I know honey but you have to do something otherwise you will have to marry an Indian guy." There's nothing wrong in marrying an Indian guy but marrying an Indian guy means that I have to leave everything. My career, my success which is the last thing I want to do.
"Okay but I don't like anyone and I don't date anyone and you know what happened last time when I dated a guy. Which was decades ago. So how am I suppose to find a husband." Last time when I was on a date, I literally ruined it man and this date was not set up by me. It was done by one and only Arianna who made a I'd by my name and right swiped by mistake and unluckily it was a match.

Who want enemies when you have a best friend like this.

"O my honey, I have an idea for that and I'm really happy with that idea of mine. But first of all, you aren't going to say no to me, right?" she made a puppy face at me because she knows that I can never deny her.
This woman.

"Yeah right. So what's your idea?"
"I have found someone for you. Actually the best one." She smiled widely at me like it's the one and only wish of her.
"And whose that MR. BEST?" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes at her.
"Brien. My eldest son."
I'm stilled. I'm not moving, I'm not breathing. I can't breath. This is ridiculous. I can't marry that douchebag. No-no-no-no-no. This can't be happening. I hopes it's just a nightmare. It cant be true. "Hey!!!! what happen?" Belinda's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.
"No, I don't know him."
"You can. From now onwards." Come with an excuse Nat!
"Um-but he hates me. I can see that in his eyes."
"I know my son is arrogant and rude but one thing is for sure he'll not hate you trust me. I know him." aghh god why she's not listening to me.
"You don't understand. He's rude to me, really. And you know I just can't- it reminds me of my- past." She rolled her eyes at me. "Nat relax and listen to me. Firstly, you can take your time to know him. secondly, he'll like you and lastly he's going to have a soft spot for you." She casually smiled at me after dropping a bombshell which I never expected to have. "Go and get some sleep. we'll talk about it in the morning." She walked towards me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight honey." She walked towards the office door and I stayed there like a sculpture.
Stationary at a point.
My life has been miserable since I landed in Seattle and I don't have an idea of what's going to happen. "And Nat." Belinda said.
"Hmm" I don't know what else she wants to say. She helped me in every situation. She shielded me from every harmful thing. I can't destroy her happiness by saying no to her. She treated me like I'm her own child.
"You have to fight against your fear to have no fear." And with that she left the room.
Leaving me at my own misery.
I have to fight against my biggest fear.
LOVE.