Meet Enzo and Cami

Author's note: Any speech or talking "" in bold means it's spoken in Italian. I do not want to butcher the language and google translate is not always accurate.

Like every long road trip, the road trip playlist was sung to the top of our lungs

Like every long road trip, the road trip playlist was sung to the top of our lungs. The windows were down, the wind on our faces and hair, and the sun beaming down.

People were laughing as we passed by, I think it was the synchronised singing and the matching sunglasses. Whatever it was, we didn't care. 

"Do you think we'll see Jeremiah and Conrad?" Josie asked.

I sighed, "I think so. As much as it hurts to be there, summer at the beach house meant everything to Aunt Susie. They wouldn't just abandon the place."

"Can we go to the beach house?" asked Kai.

"We can ask, but we cannot push them to it. It's a sensitive topic."

"Can we invite them to Pappy and Nonna's house?" he asked.

"If Pappy and Nonna agree, then sure, they can come over," I said turning into the street of our grandparents house.

"I'm so hungry," whined Josie, "are we there yet?"

I playfully rolled my eyes, "a couple of seconds now, Jo."

"Oh goodie, because my tummy is turning inside out." 

"You're so dramatic," spoke Kai from the back seat, "you should have joined the drama club instead of cheer."

"Oh hush, you little monster," responded Josie.

"We're here!" I cut in before the bickering started. 

"Yes!" my siblings exclaimed together.

I parked the car in the driveway, turned off the engine and removed the child safety lock so Kai could get out. Unbuckling my seatbelt I opened my door and stepped out of the car. 

It wasn't the same feeling I felt when I stepped out of the car almost a year from last. The feeling was different, but in a good way. It was a new experience and I was ready for it. 

Kai ran straight to the front door leaving Josie and I to get the suitcases and bags. 

"Pappy! Nonna! Open up, you're favourite grandchild is here!" Kai knocked on the door.

"That's highly debatable," spoke Josie.

The door swung open to reveal Enzo and Cami smiling brightly. Enzo was in a light blue polo shirt with khaki shorts, brown sandals and sunglasses resting upon his head. Cami was in a white floral maxi summer dress paired with white slip on shoes. Both looked amazing  for their ages, Pappy 68 and Nonna 66. Their natural milk chocolate locks were fading into an ashy grey, but still had thickness and volume.