The Battle Continues

THIRD POV:

Enzo and Cami rang the door bell and waited before a blonde lady opened the door and answered, "Yes, how can I help you?"

Cami smiled politely, "Hi, we're here for the open house."

"Oh, right," the blonde said, "I'm sorry but it's been cancelled. The AC is broken and it's too hot."

"Oh, what a shame," spoke Enzo, "we were in the neighbourhood and thought we'd take a look. We're really looking for a new place and thought this one looked perfect."

As the couple were about to turn away, the blonde lady stopped them, "well, since you came all this way... Please come in." The blonde opened the door wider.

Enzo placed his hand on his wife's lower back to gently guide her into the home. 

"I'm Julia Beck, the owner," the blonde said shaking the older man's hand.

"I'm Enzo Allegro, and this is my lovely wife, Cami," he said gesturing to the woman next to him.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Cami said also shaking her hand.

"Right this way."

Julia gave the couple a tour of the property, from the kitchen, to the trail down to the beach. When they reached the rooms, Enzo and Cami knew instantly which ones belonged to their grandchildren, they still had elements of the kids. 

As they toured, Julia was spitting facts left and right to get to impress them, but the couple didn't need to be impressed. They already knew they were buying the house, they just needed it look like they were browsing, hopefully to get a nice deal and to not raise suspicions to the seller.

"And now, we're back where we started," Julia said as they entered the kitchen. "So, what do you think? And please, don't hold the broken AC against us, I will have that fix before the end of the week."

"Miss Julia," Enzo said holding up his hand to pause her speech, "you do not need to say anymore. We'd be glad to put down an offer."

"Really?" Julia was shocked, this was so easy, so quick.

"Yes. This house would be a perfect place for the grandkids to visit during the holidays, the garden is ideal for our Fourth of July barbeques, plus the living space is enough to host my parties," Cami smiled brightly.

"My wife loves being a host," Enzo said wrapping his hand round her waist to pull her close and kiss her cheek, "if it's perfect for her, then it's perfect for me. Where do were sign?" 

 Where do were sign?" 

ABBY'S POV: