Plan B

I frantically ran upstairs checking all the rooms, every single one was empty, all the furniture, all the décor, any trace of things Aunt Susie had even touched, was gone

I rushed downstairs, "It's empty! Everything is empty," some tears fell down my cheeks.

Conrad looked at me, his eyes screamed pain and disappointment. 

Julia entered the house and we all went to see what she had to say. 

"What the fuck, Julia." Conrad said his gaze was menacing.

"I'm sorry," she spoke, "This must be such a shock. I-I spoke to your father this afternoon, and-and he and I decided that it would be best not to drag this out any longer than necessary."

I kept my arms Josie and Kai in comfort for them and for me. 

"I don't give a shit what the two of you decided on," Conrad spat, "You had no right to touch anything in this house. Those were her things."

"Breathe, man," Steven said coming up from behind him and gently holding his arm, "breathe, okay?" 

"Everything's in storage. I made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing," explained Julia, gathering her stuff, "I'm just doing what I have to do to sell this house."

"Bullshit," the eldest brother jumped in. "You could have said something. You could have warned us. All you want to do is fight our mom, constantly-"

"Okay, enough," she said facing the angered youth, "you're not the only one that's hurting here. And I'm not the one you should be angry with. You're mother could have warned you that this was gonna happen. She just wanted to make me the bad guy, as usual."

"I'm so sorry that she was too busy dying to make your life a little easier. You know, it sucks that our grandfather loved her more than you, but I'm not surprised." And with that, Conrad stormed off.

I pushed Kai and Josie towards the exit to check on Conrad, but to also take our leave. Everyone eventually followed us out and we saw Conrad trying to ring his dad frustrated he wasn't picking up. "Of course, Dad did nothing to stop her."

"Connie, what can he do?" Jeremiah asked. In situations like this, Conrad was the emotional one and Jeremiah was the voice of reason. 

"Jere! He doesn't care about us!" Conrad exclaimed still trying to ring his father. 

Skye came out and Conrad accused them on knowing about this, they swore they didn't. We stood there not knowing what to do.

Jeremiah spoke up, "Okay, we can't just leave. Alright? The house isn't sold yet. We still have a chance."

"A slim one," Skye said, "I mean, full disclosure, a couple already came and saw the house when we were gone. They put an offer on the table and the realtor is leaning heavily towards them."