Farewell, Susannah Fisher

(❁'◡'❁) Flashback Starts (❁'◡'❁)

Third POV: in the flashback

The church was silent apart from the cries of Jeremiah Fisher

The church was silent apart from the cries of Jeremiah Fisher. His brother was next to him crying silent tears. 

It was the funeral of Susannah Fisher, the sunshine to everyone's dark days.

Abby was sitting at the keyboard and microphone that was facing the audience, it was her time to sing a song in tribute of her mother figure. She picked a song they wrote together during the summer when she was 14, that was the year her birth father, Tyler, passed away and her family moved to Boston. 

She felt lost and confused. Susannah gave her some motherly advice. Abby was grateful and asked Susannah to help her write a song, one that celebrated how she felt about the older woman. Susannah was flattered the young girl wanted to dedicate a song to her, it made her feel special.

It seemed like the appropriate time to sing this song. At funerals, the songs are depressing, the lyrics talk about how missed a person was now that they were gone, but this song was happy, it celebrated the reasons why Susannah Fisher was loved by Abby and many others. 

Abby took a breath to calm her nerves. She remembered this song was not for just for Susannah, but for her sons as well, who needed to remember their mother the way she wanted, a happy, creative person with hope for the world and a selfless heart. 

🎵
I don't wanna make a scene
I don't wanna let you down
I try to do my own thing, and I'm starting to figure it out
That it's alright, keep it together
Wherever we go
And it's alright, oh well, whatever
Everybody needs to know 

You might be crazy

Abby looked to her parents who gave her a small smile letting her know she was doing well. 

Have I told you lately, that I love you?
You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly
And it's crazy
That someone could change me
Now no matter what it is I have to do
I'm not afraid to try
And you need to know that you're the reason, why

I don't even care when they say you're a little bit off 

She smiles as she remembers a funny memory of Susannah. 

Look 'em in the eye, I'd say, I can never get enough
'Cause it's alright, keep it together
Wherever we go
And it's alright, oh well, whatever
Everybody needs to know