You're Too Late

Author's note: Any speech or talking "" in bold means it's spoken in Italian. I do not want to butcher the language and google translate is not always accurate.

THIRD POV:

The house was silent, only soft snores were heard, if you listened closely. 

One boy's mind was racing with thoughts that stopped him from sleeping. Conrad laid awake on the couch, both hands behind his head as he laid on his back. Giving up on trying to sleep, he carefully removed the blanket, stood up from the couch, and made his way up the stairs to the one person who can help him. 

Thinking she'd be asleep, he quietly opened her door but saw her sitting on the edge of her bed. 

"Conrad? What are you doing? What's wrong?"

"I, uh, I couldn't sleep. Why are you awake?"

She rubbed her eyes, "I was just using the toilet. Why can't you sleep?"

"To much in my brain," he said. 

"That's a first, it's usually empty," she joked putting a smile on his face. Abby moved to get under her covers, then lifted them and patted the spot next to her. "Come on, let's talk." 

Conrad obeyed and started telling her about the judge and accessing his funds, how he was touched by what she said during Truth or Dare. She told him to lay down and close his eyes whilst she gently scratched his scalp to soothe the boy into a sleepy daze. 

She watched as his breathing evened out.

"Abby," Conrad said opening his eyes to look at her. She hummed acknowledging him. "Who's the boy you're in love with? I won't tell anyone."

"I can't tell you," She whispered. 

His face was getting closer to hers, he rubbed his nose against hers which made her body tingle. He intertwined their fingers, keeping his gaze on hers. "Please, why can't you tell me? You tell me everything."

Their lips brushed together, she so badly wanted to give in, but Belly was on her mind. It made her pull back. 

"Because, I don't want to hurt her," she said sadly. She kissed his cheek, said good night before turning over. 

Conrad knew who she was talking about, there was only one her that would negatively react to this. Enough was enough, he needed to speak to her, he needed to let her know what he was feeling and prayed she wouldn't flip out.

 Enough was enough, he needed to speak to her, he needed to let her know what he was feeling and prayed she wouldn't flip out

ABBY'S POV: