The Great Boardwalk Showdown

Author's note: Any speech or talking "" in bold means it's spoken in Italian. I do not want to butcher the language and google translate is not always accurate.

THIRD POV:

As the engine of the car is turned off, Cami looked to her husband and sighed, "Maybe we should tell Abby about this."

"Then we'd ruin the surprise," Enzo answered removing his seatbelt.

"She's been stressed about this, so have her friends. If we tell them our plan, maybe it will ease their worry. They can relax," Cami suggested.

Enzo looked to his wife, "No, we can't say anything. We don't want to get their hopes up and have it fail. They'll feel worse."

Cami nodded, agreeing with her husband, "okay, you're right."

"Come on, mi amore, we've got some work to do," Enzo said kissing his wife's hand affectionately. 

ABBY'S POV:

After our small victory of the cancelled open house due to an "accidental" break of the AC, we ventured down to the boardwalk

As we were walking, I was giving my brother a piggy back ride. It was so nostalgic, the smell from the food, the sound of carnival rides with people screaming in fear and bliss, the background music filling any gaps. 

"See, aren't you glad you came?" asked Belly to Conrad.

"How is this any less hot than it would be inside?" complained Conrad.

"Because you have the magical sea breeze to cool you down," she replied.

"Are you high?" Kai asked Belly earning some laughs.

"Cool breeze, my ass," spoke Taylor. "I want some ice cream. Nature's air conditioning."

"Ooh-ooh, I want ice cream too!" Josie exclaimed. 

"Me too!" Kai said from on top of me.

After getting some ice cream we walked around. 

"You know, I'm kind of a natural introvert, so I can't tell if this place is horrifying or if it's just, like, my lizard brain in action," Skye said.

"I'm a natural introvert too," I said, "this place is fun, I promise."

"You're an introvert? You seem very outgoing and social," Skye said making everyone laugh. I looked around offended whilst Skye was confused, "what? What did I say?"

"Just that Abby's social," Steven laughed. "She once got detention on purpose because she didn't want to speak to anyone at lunch."

"Really?" Skye laughed. I shrugged, it was true, I have done that, multiple times. Sometimes, I just want to eat in peace and people ruin that. "I'm getting a totally different vibe."