Broken Promises

I drove back to my grandparents to get dressed and bring any supplies that was not being used for the party. I also packed an overnight bag anticipating I'd be staying over.

After styling my hair into a half ponytail tied with a white ribbon in a bow, I left to the beach house where the party was in full swing

The house, no longer bright, but dimmed with party lights. The echoes of silence replaced by music and chatter. 

We did a toast to the final night, my drink non alcoholic of course, and enjoyed the night. I spoke to people I haven't seen since last summer or less time than a year. 

I was looking for Nicole, when I noticed Conrad sipping his drink alone on a small seat.

Frowning, I made my way over and sat next to him, very close, the seat was not made two, maybe one and a half. "Why are you alone? It's a party."

He looked at me replying, "just thinking."  

I raised my brows, "thinking. At a party? Are you overly drunk?"

He shook his head, "no, I'm sober. I'm not drinking."

"Why? You always drink at a party."

"Yeah, but you don't, and you hate the smell of alcohol. I didn't want you to not be around me if you smelt it," he looked away shyly.

"Con, I've been around you when you've drank before. Why is this time any different?"

"Because, tonight, I need to tell you something important, and I don't want alcohol to play a part in it," he said turning to me.

I looked at the determination in his eyes, this was very serious. "Okay," I nodded, "what is it?"

"Abby, I have-"

"FIGHT!" someone yelled. 

We sprung up from our seats and pushed our way through the crowd to see Steven and Milo on the dance floor fighting.

"Oh, my God! Is that Milo?" I asked squinting my eyes.

Milo was about to kick Steven when he moved out of the way. Taylor stepped in telling Milo how little he care or knew her. She ran off after the very public breakup. Steven then said her middle name to him, something Milo didn't know, and when to follow her.

Skye then took, Conrad, Belly, Jeremiah, and I into the garden with some news. 

"Guys, so, I've been texting with my mom, as she's wants to put a condition into the sale. Since the buyers are only use this place as a vacation home, she said can talk them into letting you guys rent the place for one week every summer."

"Wait, are you serious?" smiled Belly.

"We get to come back?" Jeremiah asked with hope. "Oh, my God, Skye, that's amazing."