These Are My Confessions

The passenger door opened startling me

The passenger door opened startling me. I lifted my head and saw Jeremiah sitting next to me with an apologetic look. 

"I'm sorry," he said.

"For what," my voice was hoarse from crying, "telling me the truth? Bringing light to a dark, bottomless pit of pain and despair, also known as my love life?"

"I-I didn't mean to drag you or Belly into it."

"What do I do?" I asked him.

"Talk to him. Look, I know I what I said about him, but he loves you, Abs. He just- he just didn't go about it the right way."

I nodded, "I would say go talk to Belly, but chances are, she nursing a botte right now so... not a good idea." It was silent for a bit before I spoke, "thanks, Jez. I know this is hard for you too, but we'll get through this, together."

We got out off the car and went our separate ways, not before sharing a hug. I went to look for Conrad. I didn't want to sleep on this, I wanted answers. I walked all over looking for him then figured he was in his room, his private space. 

I opened his door and saw him lying on the floor. He looked at me and sat up straight.

"Abby-"

"Before you say anything, are you drunk?"

"No," he shook his confused, "no, I'm not. I told you, I'm not drinking tonight."

I nodded, "I just thought after the blow up, you'd get a drink and, uh, never mind." I moved further into the room. "You're gonna talk, and I'm gonna listen," I sat down opposite him, making sure my yellow underwear didn't show. "Talk."

"What Jere said, it's true. I knew about how you felt for a while," he couldn't even look me in the eyes, it was like he was ashamed. "I didn't say anything because I didn't want to lose my best friend, I mean, look what happened with me and Belly, it took months to get us to where we are and we still can't be alone without it being awkward. I can't imagine that happening with you." He found the courage to look me in the eyes, "Being with Belly was a mistake, I regret not fighting harder for you, but when I saw you last summer at the dance practice with Callum..."

I raised my eyebrows, "you were there?" I said in a hushed tone.

"I saw how happy you looked with him, and I didn't want to ruin that for you. You always put my feelings above your own, now it was my turn to do the same for you. So, I pushed my feelings aside and went with Belly. She ended with Cam, and-and this way, I'd still have my best friend." He spoke with such sorrow.

"And what about now? Are you trying something with me because you no longer have Belly?" my voice trembled, I was scared to hear his answer, that he's only using me to get over Belly, that I'm just a rebound to mend his broken heart.

"No," he shook his head, "No, Abby, you're not second best or a back up plan. It's-it's just, being with you over the past months has made my feelings resurface and I can't keep them in anymore."