Year Wha- (Chapter 2)

(Courtney POV)

Its been a few weeks, summer had already started. School is out and I still didn't get a single message from Erick. If he wants to get rid of me then fine let him do what he wants. I mostly spend my days in the house, only going out when I need to restore my food suplise. How does a 13 year old get the money to buy food for her in the past year? Well one word theift. I am a god of stealing, sure sometimes I can get seen by people or officers but I never get caught. Its fine and I only do it when I need to, since I don't have a job. Today is the day that I have to restore my food, all I need is bread and fruits. I dressed up and headed out, I went down to the market where I usualy shoplift. Guards were every where more than usual, I guess it was kinda my fault. I looked around the markets there were delicious goods, and honey sticks. I am a sweet tooth and I LOVE Honey sticks, with out anyone looking I snuck a bag full of Honey sticks. I put them in my backpack with it has my water bottle, my phone, earpods, note book and pencil, picture of my parents and grandparents, and more stolen goods. After collecting everything I need I heard yelling I turned around to see some officer running towards me, I guess they caught me stealing some bread. I started running more and more security came chasing after me, luckly I am very fast and I have good stamiana. I turn to corners trying to lose them, I kept running I am now on their wanted list. I ran toward the woods as I thought I lost them,  gunshot was heard far away and I  was hit by a bullet. It was painfull, hey atleast I got to feel how a gunshot feels like. I collasped on the ground the bullet went through my back, I felt blood spilling out. I kept running and I found a small cave where I rest, I searched through my backpack and found some bandages and wrapped them around my waist to stop the bleeding. I stayed hidden in the cave for sometime, the sun started to set down and the moon is up. I wasn't tired at all, heck I can stay up all day and still have enough energy to run an olympic race. Outside was dark and the cave was pitch black, my bullet wound was healed, kinda. I sat in the darkness feeling safe, I was about to get up then the ground below me shook and I was falling.

Everything is dark, pitch dark, it' darker than the cave.

I opend my eyes to be meet with the sun's blinding lights, I sat up and look around I saw poeple around me. They looked scared I eyed each of them what terrified me is that they don't look human at at all. Their body is the same two arms and two legs, but their face was gray fully gray and their are flags painted on their faces. They don't even have pupils, only white eyes and eyebrows. I started to yell out some random words and backing away, where the hell am I? Am I in a world where people faces are gray and have flags on their cheeks and hands. I examined them and noctied that they were wear really old clothes, the males are wearing old suites and women and little girls are wear dresses in the 1800's. I stood up and back away from them, when there is far enough space bettween me and them I ran. I had never run this fast before, is it fear, no I can't be afraid that is another sign of weakness. I need to get out of there.

---------------------------------------------------

( I used google translate so some words might be wrong)

(3rd person POV)

A tall man was sitting on a table with three others men. The man was different from the rest, everyone including his allies have round head, while he has a rectagle head. His presence makes other fear him expect for his friends. They had flags on their faces not like the citizens who has flags on their cheeks, if a cilvian was born in their country they would have their flags on their cheeks. They were their country leader, they were taller than their people, they have the body of a human but their whole face is colored flags, their kinds are called Countryhumans. A knock was heard on the door, one of his allies said come in and the door opened. A man wearing a uniform with his flag on his cheeks was revealed, the man's flag has three strips, black, white and red.