Doing The Right Thing=Trouble

"Order!"shouted the head chef.

"Coming!" I shouted.

Hello, my name is Avalon Fiera. I live in the great city of Waco,Texas and am currently attending Baylor University. I am 21 years old and stand at a height of 5'8 with straight brown hair and brown eyes. I have smooth chocolate skin, an average bust size, and killer legs.

To save up for my tuition, I work at the Chamberlin Cafe as a waitress. Although the place is always busy, like right now, the pay is good and I always have a good time. "This order goes to table 7. When you get back can you please take two more orders before you clock out." Rick, the head chef, asked.

"Sure." I said. Although I didn't really want to do it, I always have a hard time saying no to people."Thanks Ava, you're the best." He said with a grin before going back into the kitchen to make more orders.

Taking the trays from the counter, I made my way to table 7. "Here you go. If you need anymore assistance, please ask another waitress. Otherwise, enjoy." I said with a smile and walked away. After taking the next orders to their designated tables, I said my goodbyes to everyone, and walked into the lounge to clock out. I then headed outside, got into my Black Honda Pilot and sat down for a few minutes.

"I'm beat." I tiredly said aloud. Reaching blindly into my pocket, I took out my phone. "Missing calls from Olive Matthews." It read. Olive is one of my best friends. We grew up together in the same city, attended the same schools, and did almost everything together. She's the rambunctious type of girl who'll do anything to annoy the crap out of you, but she has a heart of gold and a wit that'll knock your socks off. But the best thing about her is the fact that she values friendship and family above all else.

I decide to call her back.

"Finally you decide to pick up your damn phone." She yelled.

"Hello to you too." I remarked sarcastically. "You do know I work, right?"

"Hell yeah I know that. You've been working nonstop for the past 3 weeks girl. Take a break. Why don't we visit that new club I told you about. It'll be fun." Olive suggested.

"Sorry, Olive. I've got bills to pay, a refrigerator to fill, sleep I need to catch up on, and an essay to write. Maybe next time." I said.

"Next time my ass. You said the exact same thing last time! Come on girl you need a break. Think about it. You need a man to fill that empty space in your bed. Get loose for goodness sake!"

"You know my answer. We've been through this. I promise I'll do all that stuff with you once I'm done with my studies." I replied a bit irritated. We've had this conversation before. I take pride in my studies and work hard to fulfill my dreams. Romance is not an option right now, especially since I'm aspiring to become a doctor.

"I promise I'll do all that after my studies" she mocked. "Bullshit. I guess we'll do this the hard way. Eve and I are going to kidnap you later on tonight so you'd better get dressed or watch your back." She said ominously before she laughed evilly. I hung up after that because it appeared that I already lost her.

Twenty minutes later I found myself outside of my apartment. Fishing my keys out of my purse, I quickly unlocked the door and stepped inside. My apartment is quite decent with its wooden floors and different colored walls. There were picture displayed everywhere, ranging from my family, friends, and even to my favorite animals and entertainers. I hung my keys on the wall and slowly made my way towards my bedroom across the hall. Inside, I dropped face first into the cozy material and blacked out.

- 6 hours later -

"Ugggggghhhh," I said groggily as I got up in a seating position. I glanced towards my shelf to see what time it was on my digital clock. It read 10:29 pm. Getting out of my bed, I made my way toward the bathroom to brush my teeth and bathe.

After doing my business, I proceeded towards the kitchen to see what I could manage to eat. Opening the kitchen door, I was met with a foul stench. In the refrigerator lay rotten food, well if it can even be called that anymore. "Gross," I spat. "Now I have to clean all this shit up." Closing the refrigerator, I decide to just walk down to the store and buy something to eat.

Once dressed I headed out the door. The air was surprisingly chilly, but since I was feeling lazy I didn't bother to go back inside to retrieve my jacket. The night was peaceful, but despite that I still kept my guard up for any potential thugs, muggers, rapists, etc. Eyes forward and alert, I was about to cross the street before I heard soft moaning coming from a nearby alleyway. I was about to dismiss the noise as someone probably having sex until the moaning turned into painful grunts.

I froze.

"Check where the noise is coming from." said an animated angel me floating above my right shoulder. "Somebody could use your help. After all, isn't that why you want to be a doctor?"

"Don't listen to her," piped a satanic me on my left shoulder, "just mind your own business and head to the store."

"Don't be selfish Avalon. Help that poor person." Angel me countered. "Use the Samaritan trait you harbor within for the well being of others."

"HA! Well-being of others? Don't make me laugh. The only well-being you should care about is your own. Trust me Avalon, it'll get you places." Satan me said before fading away.

"Do what it is you feel is right within your heart. I trust you shall make the right choice." Angel me said before fading away as well.

What in the hell just happened? Am I going crazy? In the alley, another loud grunt made its way into my ears, interrupting my mental dilemma.

'Do what is you feel is right?' I thought. Ughhhhh! I guess I have no choice but to see what is going on because that's the right thing to do. Shaking my head and ignoring the grumbling sounds coming from my stomach, I approached the alleyway and headed toward the source of the noise.

But what I saw would only prove to be the worst mistake of my life.