The Ball

Avalon's POV:

The dress was absolutely beautiful on me. The lavender embraced by body comfortably and was tight in all the right places. I twirled in front of the massive mirror in Fran's room; I felt like a princess.

"Oh, Fran I love it! It's so beautiful." I said breathtakingly. I walked away from the mirror and enveloped Fran in a heartwarming hug. "Thank you so much."

"I'm glad you love it sweetie." she replied. We separated and she placed a brief, but love filled kiss on my cheek. "Now, go out there and show them how you look because there's a certain someone whose been quiet impatient upon our arrival downstairs."

Alphonso.

"Alright, let's go." I said as I placed my arms in hers. We walked briskly towards the living room on the bottom floor where everyone was required to meet. Upon our arrival, the conversations of others could be heard.

"Giovanni, you look wonderful." gushed Catarina. She was wearing a simple black dress that flowed around her body, cascading smoothly down her waist.

"Thank you amore mio. You look just as stunning." he replied with a genuine smile.

In the corner of the room, Allessio was shifting around and clearly looking for Fran in the crowd. "There he goes again." sighed Fran. "Come down when you are ready honey, or else we'll be late." She bid me farewell before descending down the stairs. "Franca!" came the piercing cry of Allessio. "You look gorgeous."

I turned around from the lovely sight and took a deep breath.

'You can do this! All you have to do is descend these stairs and hope you don't fall. Piece of cake.' With new found confidence I walked toward the stairs and descended the steps one at a time.

*********
Alphonso's POV:

'Where is she?' I thought. Currently everyone was in the living room and ready to head out to the limousines awaiting outside, however, two people had yet to appear.

"Calm down Alphonso, she'll arrive sooner or later." said Rafael. He was wearing a black Armani suit with a matching tie and slacks.

"Yeah fratello (brother), your annoying me with your pacing." said Lorenzo. He too, as well as the rest, were wearing black Armani suits.

"Shut it you guys, I'm not anxious I'm just impatient." I countered irritated.

"How about I tell a joke." suggested Rèmy.

We all groaned.

"Please don't." Dante begged.

"A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer. The husband puts, 'Mypenis' and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says, "Error. Not long enough." Again... *sigh*...only Rèmy proceeded to laugh.

"Oh stop...I'm dying of laughter." Marcelo drawled sarcastically.

"You were trying to be funny right?" asked Romeo.

After his laughing fit, Rèmy straightened his suit and then narrowed his eyes into slits. "I'm not sure if people get my humor or I'm just not funny at all." he said thoughtfully.

"You think!" Lorenzo deadpanned.

I just rolled my eyes and faced toward the staircase, eagerly awaiting for Avalon to descend. And when she did, I couldn't breathe. It was as if everything happened in slow motion.

Her sexy lavender dress fanned over her body, making her look more majestic and surreal than she already was. Her smooth brown hair was styled in an elegant bun; and the only thing it lacked was a tiara because she, my friends, is a princess. Then there were her legs; those sexy toned legs that could go for miles. They were breathtaking, delicious, sensuous...