Dinner With La Famiglia (Part One)

This chapter is dedicated to kerriannexx and unqiuelyyymeeee. Thanks for your votes.

Avalon's POV:

I cannot believe what just happened. Not only was I embarrassed in being mistaken for this brutes girlfriend, I was shocked to witness that his family weren't what I thought they'd be. I thought that they'd be mean, rude, emotionless, and maybe a little unfriendly. But what I witnessed was the opposite.

Instead of being the big bad boss, the guy who I'm guessing was in charge was reduced to nothing when these people made fun of him. And the most shocking part was that he took it and even participated. He didn't use the authority and power I knew he had to silence their insults and jokes. I couldn't comprehend what they all were to him. Was there something deeper to this mafia group that I didn't understand?

They seemed nice, but I had a feeling that it was only a façade, so trusting them was not going to be an option. My train of thought was disrupted when the man, whose name I still don't know, took my hand and led me further into the room.

"Calm down you morons, I have something I need to say." he announced. His voice echoed throughout the room, making it sound a bit intimidating. "This is my guest, Avalon. She will be staying here until further notice so I expect you to respect her. With all that said, let's eat!" he said, cheering at the end. Conversation took over the room afterwards.

"Sit Avalon." the boss said kindly, holding out a chair for me to sit. Hesitantly I sat down.

"So sweetie, how did you and Alphonso meet." Asked a women who I believe was Catarina.

"Alphonso? Who's that?" I asked utterly confused.

She gave me a strange look before glaring at the man beside me. So his name is Alphonso. "Alphonso, come with me to the kitchen. I need help bringing out the food." She sneered at him. He tensed but shook his head. "I'll be right back." he said before leaving.

Not long afterwards, I was bombarded with introductions and questions.

"Hello dear, my name is Fran. It's nice to meet you," greeted an older lady. She looked to be in her late forties to early fifties. She was short and had mid-length long hair with gray strands littered around her head. "The pleasure is all mine, ma'am." I said smiling politely. She placed a hand on her heart, her facial expression turning from polite to happiness. "He found one with manners! Oh, I'm so happy for him."

I hope she didn't think we were going out because she was far from it. I had no intentions of associating with him, neither intimately nor physically. "Uhmm, we aren't dating each other." I said. "That's what you say now, but I know in the future you'll be together. I've never seen him look at another women the way he does you so I believe that sooner or later he's going to win your heart. I can just feel it! Plus, he's handsome! You guys are going to work out somehow." she relayed, beaming the whole time.

I couldn't respond to that because I was blushing a bit so I just shrugged. "Stop scaring her Fran." said a deep voice. "Ciao. My name is Allessio and I'm this angels husband. It's very nice to meet you." He was tall and strong for a man who looked to be in his late fifties. He had a genuine smile on his face that only seemed to light up even more when Fran smiled at him.

"Shut it Allessio or else I'll have you trained like Giovanni," she said.

"Oh no, anything but that!" he exclaimed in mock horror. He placed a kiss lovingly on her cheek before they began acting like love sick puppies. Honestly, I thought it was absolutely adorable.

Moments later, the door where Catarina and Alphonso came from flew open and an angry Catarina, followed by a bruised Alphonso, came out with carts full of trays.

"What did you do to my wife?" asked Giovanni as he stood up from his seat to approach his red faced wife. "I'll tell you later Gio, right now I want to try and be civil around our guest," she said, taking deep breaths.

"Ah yes. That would be for the best." Giovanni uttered.

Catarina along with Alphonso and Giovanni helped distribute the food around the abnormally long table. "Avalon dear, I hope you enjoy what we've prepared," Catarina said, smiling at me before returning to her seat beside her husband. Then, all of a sudden the doors of the dinning room opened and six men entered the room.

"Rafael! Rèmy! Marcelo! Lorenzo! Dante! Romeo!" shouted Catarina. "How many times must I tell you not to be late to dinner." Muffled apologies were said before they made their way to the table.

I recognized them instantly. My face paled, my hands shook, and my eyes widened. They were the men who assisted in the murder of that man, but most importantly they were the people who kidnapped me!

It didn't take long before the shortest of the bunch caught my gaze and smiled foolishly. He pointed his finger at me before shouting, "Hey, guys. It's Avalon. Ciao!"