Let Me Go

Avalon's POV:

"Mommy....mommy wake up!" shouted an unfamiliar boy. He was shaking me back in forth in an attempt to wake me from my slumber, but I was too tired to open my eyes.

"Daddy, mommy is acting wierd. She's not waking up!" He panicked.

"Coming!"

The man's voice made my heart pound erratically. It was so smooth, husky, sexy, and familiar. "Darling, it's time for you to wake up now." He said. My eyes opened instantly and the man I saw made my breath hitch.

"Alphonso?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, it's me." He said.

"Alphonso?" I asked for reassurance as tears of joy cascaded down my face.

"Yes I-" he started before I pulled him down in a loving embrace. In that moment, I cried like never before. He was here!

"Daddy, is mommy okay?" asked the boy beside us. In that instant I pulled away from Alphonso and stared wide eyed at the strange boy. "Mommy?" I asked.

"Yeah," He replied with a confused expression. He then crawled up on Alphonso's lap and whispered loudly, "I think she hit her head." Alphonso laughed. "Roman, why don't you go and join your sister down there. I'm sure she's having a blast annoying Lorenzo." The boy smiled and eagerly jumped from Alphonso's lap screaming, "Lissandra, wait up!"

"Alphonso, what's going on? Why did that boy call me his mother? And where in the world are we?" I asked.

Alphonso sighed. "Those children over there, Roman and Lissandra, are our children Avalon."

"WHAT! That's impossible! I know that we kissed and everything but I sure as hell remember not having sex." I said while blushing.

"I know. But this is what we could have if you're strong enough to endure what is about to occur. We could have a family my love."

I looked at him suspiciously. "What are you talking about?"

"What I'm trying to say is that a war has been declared between my family and the Leonetti's. There will be bloodshed and havoc Avalon and I need you to be strong enough to bear it all. Can you do that for me?" He stressed.

I giggled, obviously not believing a single word. "Alright, I get it. I'm still dreaming."

"Avalon, please listen. I know that this is hard to believe, but what I'm telling you right now may be the key to your survival and our future. I need you to find a way out of that house as soon as you hear the sound of gunfire. Please, be safe my love because if you don't come back to me all hell will break lose." He said. He placed a gentle kiss on my nose, cheeks, and lips before standing.

He turned around as if he were about to leave, and that's when I desperately latched on to his hand. "But Alphonso, I'm scared. What if I don't succeed?"

He crouched down once again and faced me. His beautiful green eyes holding nothing but concern and love. "F-E-A-R has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours."

Just as I was about to say something else my surroundings and Alphonso began to fade away. "No! Don't leave me. Please!" Alphonso looked saddened, but nonetheless shook his head mouthing the words, "I love you." until he completely faded away. I cried.

"Mommy, please don't cry." Roman said.

"Yeah!," started Lissandra."Like daddy always says, 'You were born to WIN, but to be a WINNER, you must plan to WIN, prepare to WIN, and expect to WIN.'"