The Ball Part Two

Alphonso's POV:

It all happened too fast. I hadn't expected it, but I should have known that she would be here.

I am currently being forcefully kissed by the youngest daughter of the Leonetti group, Milana Leonetti. "Oh Alphonso, long time no see baby." She said when we parted. I was stunned and the next thing I know.. I feel nothing in my left hand...the same hand that was previously intwined with Avalon's.

"Get. The Fuck. Off. Me!" I yelled.

"I love it when you play hard to get, but don't you think we are well past that? Why don't we go upstairs so I can show you how much I really missed you." She purred in my ear as she slid her hands against my chest. I was beyond enraged. I WAS FUCKING FURIOUS!

"FIGLIO DI MIGNOTTA! Hai qualche idea di quello che avete fatto? EH? Quante volte ti devo dirti che non mi piache di te? (YOU SON OF A BITCH! Do you have any idea of what you have done? HUH? How many times must I tell you that I do not like you?)." I said angrily. I practically spat in her face for all the havoc she created.

Avalon.

The look on her face tore me to pieces. She looked crushed, angry, and down right disgusted. Tonight was supposed to be fun not hell! How am I suppose to explain this to her when I know she'll be reluctant to listen.

"Si è solo in segno di diniego. Siamo stati pensati per essere, lo sento." (You are only in denial. We were meant to be, I can feel it.) said the psychotic bitch Milana.

I lost it after hearing those words. I marched up to her and grabbed a fistful of her dress and roughly pulled her to me.

"Marcelo, Romeo! Hold him back." ordered Rafael; he of all people know how I am when I'm extremely pissed off. I felt arms grab ahold of me but I was determined to settle things between Milana and me.

She stiffened and desperately tried to pry my hands off her, but I would have none of that. "Tirare una bravata del genere di nuovo e l'unica cosa che vi sentirete è un proiettile in testa. (Pull a stunt like this again and the only thing you will be feeling is a bullet in your head)" I said in the darkest, deadliest tone I could muster.

I roughly let got of her and brushed past her. "Rafael! Rèmy! Romeo! Lorenzo! Marcelo! Dante! I want you to find Avalon right now and when you do call me so that I can talk to her."

"Yes, boss." they said before dispersing through the crowd.

******************
Avalon's POV:

I should have known that this was a bad idea.

How could I think that this was were I belonged! That HE could ever...

I clenched my hands.

I am currently weaving through this massive crowd in the hopes of finding a door that'll lead outside because right now I need some fresh air. I was becoming frustrated with the fact that I couldn't get through no matter how many 'excuse me's' I said so I decided to force my way through. I pushed, brushed, and even bumped into people without saying sorry in my pursuit of finding an exit.

Eventually, I managed to find a door that led straight out to the balcony. Opening the doors and closing them behind me when I got outside, I headed straight for the railing. I placed my elbows on it and used my hands to cover my face as I let my tears slide down my face.

How could I ever think that maybe, just maybe, Alphonso was the one for me. He didn't even push that woman away when she kissed him.

'Oh Alphonso, long time no see baby.'

I clutched my face harder.

I guess that he's been with that bitch for while, huh. That player, that monster!

'Darling...You look so ravishing in that dress....'

How dare he say those things to me when he didn't mean it! The tears came faster and at this point I was sniffling uncontrollably. 'He doesn't deserve your tears Avalon so pull yourself together!' said a voice in my head. I tried, but nothing worked. Then, all of a sudden a husky voice from behind me asked, "Are you alright?"

I shivered, but desperately tried to wipe off the tear streaks from my face. "Uhmm, yeah...I'm fine." I mumbled. The sound of footsteps coming closer caused me to freeze "Here. Clean your face with this." the mysterious man who I still had yet to face handed me a handkerchief over my shoulder.

"Thanks but no thanks. I'll just ruin it if you give it to me."

"It's really no problem. No one like to see a beautiful woman such as yourself cry." He said. I sniffled at this and my tears came back once again.

"There you go...let it all slide out. I felt a large, but warm hand slide down my back in a comforting gesture, but it only lasted a few seconds before I felt his hands on my sides, tickling the living shit out of me.

"Ha...hahahahahahahhaahha. St-stop! Hahahahahahahhaahha."

He continued for a few seconds before stopping and I took this as my chance to whirl around and look at him. He was tall, around Alphonso's height, with light brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. His muscular build was on par with Alphonso's, making him appear all the more dominant and powerful.

"Wh-what was that for!" I demanded.

He laughed. "Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left and laughing feels better right now."

"Did you get that quote from the movie Divergent?"

"Ah, so you noticed."

"How could I not. I love that movie!" I said laughing.

"I see you are smiling now, yes?. I'm glad." He said smiling.

I felt my cheeks. He was right, I was smiling and I hadn't noticed.

"Thank you, uhmmm...?"

"It's Adriano. Adriano Leonetti. And you?" He said with his hand out stretched. I shook his hand and said, "Its Avalon. Avalon Fiera. Thanks again Adriano."

"No problem. Avalon, if it's not too much to ask can you please honor me with a dance." He asked.

I was stunned. "But-but I can't dance. I would only embarrass you." I stammered.

"Don't worry, I'll be taking the lead. The next song that will be played by the orchestra will be Pachelbels Cannon. It'll start off slow so I'll be able to teach you as the song progresses. So...will you take my hand?"

I didn't know what to say. I've never known how to dance so I know the possibility of me crushing his feet with my heels would surely be high. But...he did just comfort me; something that I really needed.

"Yes." I whispered.

"Thank you." He said. I placed my hand in his as we left the balcony and to the ballroom.

**************************

What do you think?