Dance the Night Away

Chapter is dedicated to tbabie74, princessBlood398, and miyah27. Hugs and kisses to the rest and please....KEEP READING, COMMENTING, AND VOTING!...

Alphonso's POV:

Where is she! For the past thirty minutes I have been searching for Avalon; the love of my life.

Yes, you heard right. I love her. I wouldn't have given her, or any girl for that matter, my time if I didn't have feelings for them.

A strong grip on my shoulder caused me to snap out of my mental dilemma. "Alphonso, where in the hell have you been! You were suppose to have greeted our guests. Plus, your mother is practically having a fit because of your tardiness!" strained my father. I spun around to face him, the expression on his face softening.

"What's the matter son? It's been a very long time since I've seen you look like this so don't even bother saying that 'it's nothing'." He asked.

"Fine-" I started, but was completely interrupted by my mother.

"Alphonso, where have you been! You have failed to greet the Benedetti's, Leonetti's, Lombardo's, and the Romano's. It's rude!" she yelled.

"Mother please stop yelling! I'm having enough trouble holding in all my anger as it is."

She, like my father, softened her expression. "Allessandro? Alphonso? What happened?"

"It was all that sluts fault!" I hissed, the very sound of her name leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

"Which slut? Is it Flavia Romano or Gia Lombardo?" asked my father. I gave him a questioning look.

"You've got a point," nodded my mother. "Those families are full of them."

"No it's neither of them. It's that psycho bitch Milana Leonetti."

"Isn't she the girl that's crazily in love with you?" asked my father. I nodded in response. He shook his head in a way that meant he felt sorry for me before asking, "What did she do this time?"

"Mother, father I brought a lovely girl as my date to-"

"You brought a girl!" squealed my mother. She was looking behind and around me to try and spot who my mysterious date would be. "Where is she? Oh, I can't believe it Allessandro. He's not gay!...Ahem...Not that there's anything wrong with that." she finished.

"Why does everyone think that!" I barked.

"Son think about it like this. You've had lots of money since the day you were born, thanks to yours truly, and most guys would have tons of women on or around them. You, however, never had. No matter how many girls I'd secretly set up for you, you never let any of them be more than friends."

"So! What's wrong with not wanting to be a man whore like you were?" I demanded.

"I wasn't-" he started, but didn't finish because of the look his wife was giving him. "Ok, I was."

"We're getting off topic. Finish what you were saying before Alphonso."
interjected my mother.

"So I brought this girl to the ball in the hopes of her having a good time and meeting you guys, but as soon as we stepped in here, Milana charged at me and kissed me; right in front of her! She looked disgusted with me and eventually left my side." I said, my anger rising at the end.

"What is her name?" I asked my father.

"Avalon Fiera."

At that moment, the orchestra started playing another song that I believe was Pachelbels Cannon.