Dinner With La Famiglia (Part Two)

Avalon's POV:

For reasons unbeknownst me, my scared state was replaced with intense anger. I stood up and slammed my palm on the hard table making some of the dishes jump. "Don't Ciao me you jerk! You losers are the reason why I'm here in the first place. I suppose killing another living being wasn't enough so you had to kid-" I began before something hot and slimy landed on my shirt.

It was.....pasta.

The whole room was deathly silent. I slowly glanced at my shirt before glaring at the perpetrator. It was none other than Alphonso. I must have looked like a psycho because when I looked at him his face paled. "What...is this?" I asked motioning to my shirt.

"Uhmm. Pasta?" He said, his voice a little raspy.

"And why is it on my shirt?"

"I-I thought that it was a bit hungry so I," he coughed, "tried to...feed it?" He fidgeted in his chair for a while before glancing at me.

"Is that so?" I said. I was on the verge of losing it when an idea popped in my head. I picked up my plate and threw it at the guy who smiled like an idiot. I was satisfied and even laughed like a wild woman when it hit him square in the face.

The room erupted with laughter.

"Hahahhaahaha Rèmy! Look who's laughing now!"

The plate of food slowly cascaded down Rèmy's face before it finally fell to the ground. He just stood there, his face shocked, but it didn't last long before he smiled widely. "So you think this is funny, yes? Well, you haven't seen how funny I can be." He walked up toward the table and grabbed a plate filled with pasta. "Food Fight!"

He threw the plate, it's destination toward me. My quick reflexes kicked in when I grabbed Alphonso's tie causing the plate to collide with his face.

We laughed even harder. "This is what you get for interrupting me," I whispered in his ear before dodging an in coming bowl of lettuce.

The whole room participated in the fight. I witnessed Catarina pour her cup of wine on her husbands head before he eagerly smeared her face with tomato sauce. Others created forts with their chairs while trying to hit their targets with whatever they managed to scavenge. Some even aimed at me. Their guest for crying out loud!

In the end, everyone was soaked and caked with slimy substances from head to toe.

"Alright everyone, enough." Catarina began. "Since we didn't eat I advise you all to cook for yourselves. As for this mess, Alphonso will be cleaning up since he was the person who started it all. Buonasera (goodnight) everyone." Everyone nodded their heads in agreement with Catarina before exchanging goodnights.

"Hey! That is NOT fair. I'm not the only one who participated!" Alphonso yelled back like a baby.

No one paid him any attention as they exited out of the room. "Come on Avalon, let me show you to the guest room," offered Fran. "Thank you, that would be nice." I smiled and followed her out of the messy dining room. The cry of 'darling!' Was the last thing I heard before I proceeded up the stairs.

Inside the room I stripped my clothes and entered the humongous bathroom. After bathing and brushing my teeth I flopped on the soft bed and instantly fell asleep. I was relaxed and....happy? Things I haven't felt in a while.