Avalon and Ricci

Avalon's POV:

I've been crawling around in this space for what feels like hours around this mansion. Searching for a way out safely was impossible due to ongoing battles occurring everywhere I turned!

However, I was able to catch a glance of Romeo and Lorenzo. They were fighting people who I guessed were Adriano's men. Initially, I had planned to wait until they were finished, but the sight of a grenade being thrown close to my spot under the vent caused me to crawl away for my life.

Now, here I am at a crossroad.

"I say you turn left Avalon. Left is always best." Said satanic me on my left shoulder.

What the-

"No, turn right Avalon. Right is always right." Said angel me on my right shoulder.

Fuck?

"Don't tell me that we're going through this again," I sighed, emphasizing 'again'. Listening to them last time got me where I am today; kidnapped across the Atlantic Ocean!

"What do you mean, my dear? I'm only here to help you." Angel me said.

"Help me! It's because of you that I'm in this situation in the first place!" I yelled.

"That's why you should have listened to me. But nooo, you decided to listen to her just because she used a couple of sweet words. I'm telling you, demons aren't the only ones who cause trouble." Satanic me hissed.

"Hey! You better take that back!" Angel me yelled.

"Your mouth...close that shit," Satanic me said with her hand in Angel me's face. "I don't have the energy to play your games."

"Games!" Angel me said incredulously. "You know what, let's play a game. It's called GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE. You go first."

"Your level of stupidity has blown my mind." Satanic me growled. "We aren't even alive, we're just figments of Avalon's imagination!"

I was slowly getting irritated as there insults progressed until I couldn't take it anymore and just snapped. "WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP!!" I screamed. My voice echoed around the space, immediately silencing their bickering.

"Now, this is what's going to happen. Since I listened to you the first time angel, it's only fair that I give her a chance. So left it is." I said, asserting my final judgement. Angel huffed then disappeared.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I inquired as I proceeded to crawl down the left vent passageway.

"Nah, I wanna see the positive outcome of you following my advice so that I could rub it in Angels face." She gloated. I rolled my eyes at her as I continued the onerous task of crawling, but the sound of a gun click halted my advance. A few feet ahead of me, crouched a man in his mid-thirties with a gun in his hand pointed at me.

*******
Ricci's POV:

"I've got to get out of here." I whispered aloud as I frantically searched the room for a safe exit. I knew that leaving in the middle the battle would label me as a traitor, but at the moment I just didn't give a fuck. I had a two year old baby girl waiting for me at home and I refused to give up my life for something utterly pointless. According to what I heard from the men across the hall, we were losing this war. So, I decided to leave since I knew that the Leonetti's wouldn't need me. They'd be dead.

Hi, my name is Ricci Dulce. Until this moment, I was the Leonetti family's private doctor. You may or may not remember from the time Claudio, Roberto, and I kidnapped Avalon. I was the one who diagnosed her condition and patched up her wounds. Anyways, on to the subject at hand.