Tears in Manchester

6 months had passed since the wedding. Half a year. Yet we were at an all time low. Alexia told me "I'm just stressed with work. I'll be okay when I'm back on the pitch from this injury" she's been back in the pitch for 3 games. Yet her anger gets worse.

My phone buzzed and I saw it was Leila . Yes she plays in England but she came to me and alexia's wedding as she is still very close with all the girls since leaving Barcelona. me and her became close almost right away. It was a friendship that felt natural from the first conversation . I answered the call .

"Hola Hermosa !!" She started as i chuckled "hello Leila, you okay?" I asked .

Time flew by quick that night because I heard alexia close the door. "Oh I'm sorry , I must go she just got back but I'll text tomorrow?" "Of course, have fun with that one. Night mi chica" she waved as I hung up . Alexia was stood in the doorway. "Who's that." She asked coldly "just Leila baby, how was your day," I asked Getting up to kiss her but she swerved. "What's the mood for recently . I thought you were back on the pitch?" "OH MY GOD Y/N NOT EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU." She started "go talk to your little fuck girl."

It stood there in the shock. "Listen I don't want to fight you, nor do I want to be in the dark. So what's with you lately ." I said calmly. "I think you should go y/n. Get your things."

Tears prickled my eyes. "What do you mean.." i stuttered. "Here let me help you shall I ?" She asked throwing a suitcase on the sofa . "Get your things and get out this house." I drop to my knees as I pick up the clothes on the floor in Didn't have time to unpack from our trip. "Well where do I go alexia.." I asked realising my sister is out of town. "How about your little girlfriend's house? I'm sure she'd love her nights alone with you."

"She's just a friend Al-" I start but the door slams . I grab the phone from my pocket . She answers. "Leila .. I need you." I say "y/n? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I explain the entire thing. "I'm getting you on the next flight out here. Get to the airport . I'll see you soon. Be safe"

And in this moment I'm so glad I became her friend. I don't think any of this had anything to do with Leila . Alexia was just looking for a reason to finally snap at me . But what reason?? I haven't done anything but love her. I question that the entire drive to the airport .

ALEXIA

I'm at the gas station as i cry . I can't hold the tears anymore. What the hell have I done? Why am I so angry? Why did I push the girl I love away? Why am I doing this to her. I've lost her. I've lost her.

I go back to the house to apologise. But her cars gone. My heart sinks. I see a note on the kitchen counter.

"Dear alexia,
I have no idea what has happened to you. I'm writing this with a heavy heart. Don't call me. Don't text me. I've left Barcelona. I'm no longer in the country . You don't need to look for me because truthfully it will make me want to run further. It's clear you don't want this anymore so I've left my wedding ring on the nightstand on your side of the bed. I'd like to thank you for showing the love you did. The same love i thought was forever but clearly not. Goodbye Lex."

I pick myself up off the floor and run to the bedroom, is this a prank? Is she waiting in there with chocolates and flowers as a sorry? Is this to give me a taste of my medicine? But when I get there the note is correct. The ring is on the nightstand. The ring i told her I'd love her forever with while I put it in her. I'm a burden.

I get in bed on her side clinging onto her pillow , it's the only thing left with her scent. I eventually drift off as tears fall from my eyes.

Y/N

I get off the plane at what must be 2 in the morning. I get a taxi to Leila's apartment complex to see she's waiting on the step for me. I run into her arms and I let all the tears fall "shhhh, it's okay. It's okay I'm here" she says trying to guide me inside.

She lays on her bed . It's bigger than the one back in Barcelona. The same one I made love to her all those nights in while I told her I loved her. The same one she told me "I'll always love you." In. What a lie .

I look over at the brunette as she plays with my hair sitting beside me. "What do you want me to do Hermosa, I can do anything you want" she tells me. "Can I hug you? I just need a hug right now." I tell her . She opened her arms as I layed my head on her chest.

My eyes drifted slowly. And finally. My eyes were closed. It was peaceful here. No more screaming .

a/n: I promise this has closure and a happy ending.. just hear me out 🙏