Did you ever love me?

A/n: you know this parts gonna go badly when I wrote it listening to "deep end by birdy" and "already gone by sleeping at last." ITS GONNA GET BETTER HOLD ON 😔 also this is terribly short sorry

That night I roll in bed. 2:36am.

I reach for my phone. My eyes scan over my contacts . I click on the one I've been dreading to call. With some luck she answers "y/n?" A raspy accent sniffles through the phone. I could tell she'd been crying . "Are you still in Manchester?" I ask her . "yes!" She answers too quickly "sorry. Yes . Yes I am . Do you need me?" She adds. "Could you come over? I'll send you my address." I say with hesitation. "I'll be there soon."

She hangs up the phone as I type out my address

*

Roughly 20 minutes had past when I got a message "I'm outside, didn't want to knock incase I woke someone up"

I ran to the door and saw that familiar face . "Hi.." she said through puffy eyes. I moved so she could walk in. She stood awkwardly in the corner. I walked over to here and looked up at her "hi you." I said as a small smile appeared on her face . "This feels strange, you know. Been here and not in our bedroom."

"Can you sit.." I asked gesturing to the sofa." She backed up. "I'm sorry it's so late but.. we need to talk. Alone ."

She nodded at my words.

"Alexia. You have to admit we haven't had the best relationship . I mean in the first month I ran away for 2 days because you told me I was fucked up in my head. The second time you were making out with your best friend which I could forgive you for because you said she kissed you. But looking at it you had a relationship with her and all of the rumours. Everyone will know alexia. You're a huge public figure. And the fights? Where do we go when I'm scared to see you ." I wipe a tear I didn't know fell. I see the disappointment on her face.

"I want you to move on now alexia, you can be with Jenni. She loves you. And I can see it in your eyes that deep down? You still have a feeling or two for her. Or Olga. You looked so close at that party . I'm sure you'd be happy-"  she cuts me off "no no, it's you I want i.. I'm so sorry ."

She wipes the tears streaming from her eyes. I sit there and hold her. Because inside I still love her . With my entire heart. "Alexia I think we should file a divorce. We can't live like this. I don't want to end on bad terms or anything but ... we're in two different countries. We both have work, you can't quit for me. I love you alexia. And I always will. But until we know better.. this needs to end."

She hides her head in her hands as she completely breaks . "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I.. I love you y/n. So much. Please don't leave me.. I'll be better. I swear. We can make this work. Me and you? It will work . Please? Just one more try." She begs.

By now I'm shaking with sobs too. To see the love of your life like that? It kills you on the inside . And for a split second I wonder . Is this what we need? Can we make this work?

I hold her in my chest as her tears wet my shirt . "I'm so sorry Ale. I'm sorry."

"Can I ask something?" She mutters . I nod as she looks at my face "what would you do if I didn't renew. They are messing with my contract anyways.." I looked at her . "Where would you go?" I ask .

She draws patters on my kneecap. "Here. Maybe not Manchester City. But England." And for a moment I could have sworn I smiled. "You love Barcelona alexia" I say. She nods "yeah , but they don't want me anymore.." 

A silence hangs between us. "Spend the night ? It's too late to drive now." I say looking at the clock . 4:36am. "Yeah.. sure." She says smiling . "Thank you.."

In another life, i would be her girl. I'd make her stay. But now? She's the one that got away.