𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

IVY AND ENZO WERE STARING BLANKLY AT THE TOP OF THE TENT

IVY AND ENZO WERE STARING BLANKLY AT THE TOP OF THE TENT. He had refused to leave the shelter ever since he got better and was released from quarantine. There was so much going on before that he had not really processed everything that had happened with the Exodus ship. Now, they were just waiting for the Grounders to come, and all he could think about was his mother and imminent doom.

Ivy was there to comfort him, but she was awful at it. She had never known what to say when people were upset. She had had very little experience, considering that she was kind of isolated throughout her childhood. Enzo was her first real friend, and she met him a year ago in prison. "How you doing?"

"I want to die," he answered, and his voice was flat and monotonous. She hated seeing him like that since he had always been weirdly bubbly and positive. This destroyed him, and she did not know how to fix him.

She rolled over on her side to look at him, but he remained still. She knew that he could hear her, though. "I know it feels like the end of the world. I lost my mom once, too, and I know it's not the same thing. But it'll get better. I promise. Just hang on, for me, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," he responded with a nod, a couple tears running down his cheeks. "You're not as heartless as I thought you were." She chuckled, since he had said that very few times before.

Suddenly, there was some yelling, and a weird, orange light came over the green tent. Ivy and Enzo furrowed their eyebrows and stepped out of the tent. Their eyes widened when they saw the entire meat house on fire. Bellamy was holding Octavia who was coughing. "Are you okay?"

"This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood," Murphy yelled angrily, and he ran over to Del and punched him square in the nose, causing a lot more yelling.

The Bishop girl rushed to break up the fight as bellamy did the same. She grabbed Murphy's arm and pulled him back as the Blake man grabbed Del. "Hey! Hey, stop! Save it for the Grounders."

"Well, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia questioned, staring at the fire in anger as she recovered from her coughing fit. She glared up at the kid in her brother's arms. "That was all the food."