𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"THEY'RE HERE," IVY TOLD BELLAMY AFTER NIGHTFALL

"THEY'RE HERE," IVY TOLD BELLAMY AFTER NIGHTFALL. He followed her as she ran to where Miller was stationed, and they both kneeled near him with their guns at the ready.

Bellamy furrowed his eyebrows when he did not see his sister anywhere. He thought that she would be out there with the gunners, ready to fight just like she said she would. He turned to Miller. "Where's Octavia?"

"She left 5 minutes ago. Didn't say where to," he answered, and that really concerned both the Bishop girl and the Blake man. They kept their eyes on the woods, though, ready for an attack. "She thinks she's a damn samurai."

"You see anything?" Ivy asked them because she could not see any movement in the distance. She just heard someone say over the radio that they were there, so she ran and got Bellamy, knowing that he would want to be there.

Monroe shook her head from next to her. Her voice was angry, like she wanted the Grounders to hurry up so that they could get it over with. However, that was not the goal. "No. What the hell are they waiting for?"

"The longer they wait, the better. This is about buying time for Raven," Bellamy reminded them. She just needed enough time to hook up the rocket fuel to the wires so that they could create the ring of fire once everyone was safe inside the ship. Ivy was not totally sure how it worked since it was kind of just a lot of electronic gibberish to her. She did really bad in engineering class in school.

"I see them. They're moving!" a voice over the walkie informed them with a very panicked voice. "I count two, 3, no, wait, there's more. I don't know, man. There's too many of them."

The sound of a gunshot echoed through the camp, and Monroe jumped slightly. The Blake man turned to Miller, wondering who just fired and where the Grounders were. "Who was that?"

"Sterling, I think. South foxhole," the boy answered. "South foxhole, report now," he ordered into the walkie. There were no more gunshots, so they were a little worried that the Grounders had gotten to them. The lack of screaming was a pretty good sign.

There was a pause before Sterling came back over the radio. "Yeah, yeah. We're ok. They didn't attack. It's like — it's like shooting at ghosts."

"There! I see them!" Monroe shrieked, and she began firing as Ivy got her gun ready. Her eye was to the scope, and she watched as figures skidded across the trees. She could not get a good shot, so she held off so that she did not waste her ammo. Miller was firing as well, and all of a sudden, she realized what was happening.