𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"STAND ON IT," MURPHY ORDERED BELLAMY

"STAND ON IT," MURPHY ORDERED BELLAMY. He was still aiming the gun at Ivy, using her to manipulate Bellamy. He knew that he was not going to let the Bishop girl die, especially when she had done anything. "Put it over your head."

Bellamy tried to stop him as he stepped up onto a box so that his face was level with the hole of the noose. He took into account that the Grounders could be there any second, and they needed to be ready for them. "This is insane. The Grounders could—"

"Put it over your head," the boy ordered again, and he took a step closer to the redheaded girl so that he could press the barrel against her head.

The Blake man quickly shoved his head into the hole of the noose, and he watched sadly as tears began to roll down Ivy's cheeks, partly from what was about to happen and partly because of how the straps were cutting into her arms and cheeks. "Happy now?"

"You're so brave, aren't you? I mean, you came in here thinking you're just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, and maybe one of your friends would come and help you." Murphy smiled, and he removed the gun from Ivy's head as he stepped toward the older man. "Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hmm? You know, I got to hand it to you, Bellamy. You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you, almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, well, we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward. I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me. Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted, right?"

"I should have stopped them," Bellamy admitted, knowing that upsetting Murphy would be an awful idea at that moment. It would end very badly for everybody involved.

The younger boy scoffed, rolling his eyes because that was not much help to him anymore. He had survived, and he was there to get his revenge for everything that Bellamy had done. "Yeah, it's a little late for that now."

"You think they're just gonna let you walk out of here?" the Blake man asked because there was no way that Jasper, Octavia, Enzo, and Ivy were going to let him get away with doing this to their leader, especially after possibly losing Clarke.

"Well, I think the princess is dead, but I know the king's about to die, so who's really gonna lead these people, huh?" There was a short pause, and he obviously did not expect anyone to answer him. "Me, that's who, and, yeah, maybe I'll have to kill your grounder-pounding little sister." Bellamy kicked his legs out, trying to get to the Murphy boy, but the younger boy just threw his weight onto the strap so that Bellamy's feet were lifted off the box, his toes keeping him from choking. There was aloud yelp from below, and all of the heads snapped in the direction of the floor. "I'm guessing that's her right now."