𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THEY HAD BEEN WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST FOR HOURS

THEY HAD BEEN WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST FOR HOURS. Murphy seemed to know where they were going, but there could be a huge chance that he was just wandering around confidently. Ivy would not be surprised if that was what he was doing because he was taking a ton of random turns.

"Everybody down! Now!" Murphy told them, and he grabbed Bellamy and pulled him down as the rest of them crouched behind some bushes and waited for the boy to tell them what the hell was going on. He pointed to a spot a couple of yards away, and they all snuck carefully over. "This is it. Told you I'd find it."

Ivy looked through the scope of her gun, and sure enough, there were Grounders everywhere, patrolling the camp. She used the device to get a closer look around, searching for anywhere that could be a place for them to hide their friends. "I see nothing but Grounders. Our people aren't here."

"Wait a minute, they've got stuff from our dropship," Finn pointed out, and he had taken Bellamy's gun so that he could examine the scene. When Murphy muttered something about them probably killing their friends, Ivy elbowed him in the side. "Son of a bitch."

"What is it?" Bellamy asked the Collins boy, eyebrows raised because he seemed to be responding to something that he was seeing and not to Murphy's pessimistic comment.

As Finn instructed them on where to look, Ivy adjusted her own gun so that she could see as well. There was a group of Grounders on the outskirts of the camp, possibly acting as guards or possibly just hanging out over there. "The guy with the one eye. Around his neck."

"What am I looking at?" the Blake man questioned, still confused, but as Ivy scanned the Grounder's neck, she saw a watch that was attached to a chain. It looked very familiar, but she could not remember where.

The Collins boy was practically shaking with anger, and his voice was quiet and rough. The Bishop girl was pretty sure he was going to explode if he did not do something soon. "He's got Clarke's watch. It was her father's."

"Okay, you're with me and Ivy," Bellamy told Finn before turning around to Monroe and Sterling, giving them orders just in case they needed a backup plan. "You two stay here. This thing goes south, take out the other Grounders, but don't shoot the Grounder with the watch. Copy?"