𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

IVY WAS SPRINTING THROUGH THE WOODS BEHIND BELLAMY

IVY WAS SPRINTING THROUGH THE WOODS BEHIND BELLAMY. Both of them were covered in blood, soot, and burn marks from the explosion that they had barely escaped. They furrowed their eyebrows when they saw movement in a bush, and they slid to a stop.

"Bellamy? Ivy?" a voice called, and they looked to see Monroe and Sterling hiding behind the bush. The two dove behind it with them and got low down, peeking over the rocks in front of them every once in a while.

The two that had already been hiding there had stood up, and once Bellamy noticed, he gestured urgently for them to lower themselves again. They were not sure who was around them, but they knew that they were not the only ones that survived the fire. "Get back down."

"You were followed?" Monroe questioned, glancing over the top of the rock. There was no one in sight, and they could not hear anything. However, the Grounders were experts at disguising themselves and blending in with the nature around them. They had proved that many times before.

"Quiet," Ivy snapped. She was still a bit bitter about Monroe ditching them when they were fighting the Grounders. If only they had held their ground, things might have turned out differently. She raised her eyebrows at them. "Have you seen Finn?"

Monroe's eyes widened in shock, revealing that she clearly was unaware that the boy had made it out of the fire. "Finn's alive?"

"He was. We got separated. We knew the fire was coming, so we ran. But one of them followed," the Blake man explained to them, and he was still catching his breath. Ivy knew how he felt. There was so much smoke in her lungs that it was extremely hard to breathe, especially after running at least half a mile. "How'd you guys get out?"

"We saw the Ark come down. we thought we'd come get help," Monroe replied, glancing away in a way that made the Bishop girl think that that may have not been the reason. It did not matter anymore, though. They needed to get back to the drop ship safely and meet up with the rest of their group. It had been less than a day, and she was already worried about Enzo. She knew Clarke would keep him safe, though.

"Piece of it came down this way," Sterling confirmed, pointing in a direction. He looked back at them. "Monroe thinks it's Mecha, but personally, I think—" He was cut off by the sound of yelling and leaves crunching beneath someone's feet. One of the voices sounded familiar, but Ivy could not tell who it was because they were too far away.