24 ☆ scandalous, slanderous

๑ THERE WILL NEVER BEANOTHER WOMAN LIKE ME

THERE WILL NEVER BE
ANOTHER WOMAN LIKE ME.

scandalous, slanderous chapter 24

"Okay, we're done for the day!" I exhale, putting down the perfume bottle

"Okay, we're done for the day!" I exhale, putting down the perfume bottle. Yeonjun comes up to me, holding a towel, and hands it to me. I grab it, dabbing my face in an attempt to save me from sweating off my makeup. He chuckles at me as I fan myself with my other hand, giving the used towel back to him.

"Did I do a good job?"

"Very good. You're living up to my expectation of being someone I can make a lot of money off of!"

"Oh, shut up!" We laugh, and I almost forget I'm supposed to be hating his guts. I clear my throat soon after, looking at the set. "I almost forgot to ask you, when is the article coming out that we're going to that fashion drop together?"

"You haven't seen it?" He furrows his eyebrows, pointing to my phone in the corner. "You were just on it five minutes ago. It's been up since this morning!" I shake my head. I guess as much as I check social media, it was one of the things that slipped my mind. "Well, since you haven't seen it, let me tell you that we've been getting good results. People are excited to see us together, especially since I have a good presence on social media, so they're expecting the both of us to look rather close. Should we consider this a success?"

"We can't celebrate just yet. We still have to get through Friday in peace," I justify, continuing to fan myself. We walk together toward my phone, and I quickly pick it up to read the article. However, another one comes right into view. I furrow my eyebrows, reading the headline. Yeonjun joins my side, eventually humming in confusion at it. "A scandal? About us?"

"The arcade," I mention, clicking and zooming into the picture. "Someone saw us together at the arcade. Thankfully, not with me in your arms. But, they know it's us. Everyone knows it's us."

We hear some staff murmuring while looking at us, eventually turning away the moment we make eye contact. "Well, Taehyun will definitely see both of these articles," Yeonjun crosses his arms, sighing. "So, you're getting what you wanted. Tell me, should I put out a statement clearing the air? Or should we keep quiet until after the event?"