25 ☆ a zipper and a heart

๑ I THINK YOU MIGHTHAVE A CRUSH ON ME

I THINK YOU MIGHT
HAVE A CRUSH ON ME.

a zipper and a heart chapter 25

I arrive in my limousine, taking the last inhale I can before I exit the car

I arrive in my limousine, taking the last inhale I can before I exit the car. "Will you be okay, Ms. Kwon?" My secretary asks, turning around. "If you want, we can just leave. Mr. Choi will be just fine without you there, anyway. He's bothersome."

"I have to do this," I hold my heart in my hands, nodding with confidence. "Yes. I can do this. If I can't I'll call you and have you pick me up."

"Sounds great, Ms. Kwon," She nods, putting up a fist. "Fight hard and long. Don't. Give. In!"

I grin and put up one of my fists in agreement, the chains on my limbs beginning to unlock the moment I open the car door. The ricochet of flashing lights comes upon me, shooting from every direction. I hold my smile as I wave, walking down the red carpet and stopping right in the middle. I hear the general screams, the loud 'look here!'s, and just a mixture of sounds. I keep waving, sending hearts, whatever appeases the audience, even as I'm worried that someone might throw an egg at me and make me look like a fool.

So, I quickly enter the building, sighing with relief when I see a familiar friend. "Soobin!" I whisper-yell, causing him to look my way. He gasps, dimples deepening before he runs to take me into his embrace. "I haven't seen you in a while. Have you been busy?"

"Extremely. The perfume industry is bustling for some new scents, and all of our usual ones have been selling like wildfire since your face is next to some of them," He punches my shoulder softly, but eventually, his smile wears off. "But, I'm a bit worried about you. Since when were you siding with Mr. Choi?"

"It's a long story. I'll have to tell you when the war's over," I wipe my brow. "All you need to know for now is that the scandal is false and that we're not actually dating. We're friends by contract."

"Making Taehyun mad these days, hm?" Soobin looks behind me, taking a sip of wine before he beckons to someone. "Your supposed boyfriend is coming over. He's watching me intensely as if he's scared I'll say something about him to you."