Chapter 6: The King

Having his head held down, Encie is marched by the Eliete Galore Guards down the ornate ceremonial walls of the Galore Palace for what feels like hours and hours at a time. Finally, arriving upon a room with a golden double door, the guards open their grip tight on the already broken down Nekonian as they march him through. Feeling a burning gaze on his presence, Encie somberly looks forward, seeing the Galore King sitting on his modest golden throne, overlooking the rat that has been brought into his light.

"Ah, Encie Nekoroda...It's truely upsetting what fate has brought upon you..."

The King states from behind his Golden Eye'd mask, nodding his head as he stands, his lush crimson hair brushing against the back of his business suit.

"..."

"Do you know why you are being put for execution in the first place?"

The Galore King questions Encie, reaching over to the other side of the room to grab a table and chairs for the two to sit on.

"...why...."

Encie questions, continuing to stare down into the hardwood surface of the table The King has brought them, only for his gaze to transition from hardwood to his reflection staring solemnly back at him through warm tea poured in a cup.

"...?"
Encie, looking forward, sees the Galore King sipping from a cup of tea himself, lifting his mask off of his face to do so.

"I know...It's unbefiting of a Galore King to take his mask off in any circumstances...but oh well..."

"..."

"Come on, I want to hear your side of the story first."
He asks, only for Encie to think back upon the day.

"T...I stole the ceremonial sword of Mittsuhebi from its place within the Galore Vault...For the past 2 years I have been on the run from Galore, killing multiple Galore Infantry and Guards getting in my way and am finally being put down for my misdeeds..."

Encie states, looking up from his cup of tea into the eyes of the Galore King, only for him to nod his head.

"Whilst, yes...those circumstances would lead anyone to be considered an Anarchist...sentencing them to Execution immediately, your case is very special."
He states, grabbing a napkin from the table and wiping any remaining tea off of his lips.

"You're being sentenced only beacuse the taking of the Mittsuhebi."

Encie, looking forward with a confused and perplexed face, looks down towards the blade at his hip.

"...Why haven't you taken my weapon from me?!"

He questions, only for the Galore King to stare directly into his eyes.

"You already know why."

He states, continuing to sip from his tea.

"We tried to detach your connection to the sword whilst you were unconscious; However, all attempts were unsuccessful, resulting in death of any who have tried."

Encie, looking more confused by the explanation, causes the Galore King to hold his hand up to Encie's face in a sign to wait for him to sip the rest of his tea. After he has done so, he stares directly into the eyes of the Nekonian with a gaze that radiates heat onto his body.

"You're being sentenced because you hold the Demon King within your body; Encie Nekoroda, the sword of Mittsuhebi called you to grab it, did it not?"
Feeling his body nearly go limp, Encie just is left staring forward, unable to speak as he feels his body and heart grow heavy, a worried expression on his face as he finally places the pieces together.