Chapter 14: Ambush part 2

Agnos:

Laying face first on the ground, Resukata's consciousness doesn't waver, his body unable to move but his will constantly bursting as he fights his own body to survive longer, the area he was stabbed in the chest and his shoulder springing with absolute pain as he pushes himself to his knees, seeing the shadow be reflected by the moonlight onto him.

"Well now, it seems as if my prediction was right, they would come for the ship..."

"J–Jet, w-where's everyone else?"

Resuakta questions, with Jet laying Resukata against the wall and tending to his wounds with a medical supply kit.

"Everyone else is currently asleep, aside from Desuray and Encie who are dealing with the threat of these mafia thugs that took the place over. But the more important question right now is if you're alright-"

Pausing in his wrapping of bandages around his arm, Jet looks back, his eyes widening as he senses a familiar aura emanating from the city.

"Y–yeah, I-I'm fine...what?-"

"-Nothing..."

Above the Penthosue:

"So, you're a woman, eh?!"

Desuray questions, hearing the feminine tones of her voice as she turns around, staring Desuray from beneath her cloak.

"Indeed, but that doesn't matter-"

"YOU'RE RIGHT!"

Lunging forward, Desuray runs towards his foe, charging his fist with glimmering White Ultima as he grins.

'His Ultima...It's...incredible!'

"WHITE-BREAKER!"

Spinning her pistols, she aims them forward, aiming them straight at her charging attacker.

"Raio-Shot!"

Firing off two shots of Sparking Cyan Ultima, the girl's blasts nearly reach Desuray, nearly being absorbed by his skin and electrocuting him from the inside out.

"Heh, OUT MY WAY!"

Punching her blasts out of the way with his White-Breaker, Desuray continues to charge forward, only to be shocked by her pistol's barrel pointed straight at his head.

"Put your guard down, kid..."

Shocking him from the inside out, Desuray screams in agony, his body lighting up with cyan electricity as his body sparks, falling over with smoke coming from his mouth.

"...You're pretty powerful kid, but you're just not experienced-"

"W–who are you calling kid, looks like we're the same age ya know..."

Desuray questions, his hand still gripped onto her boot as she looks down shocked.

'H—He's still alive after THAT!?'

Spinning himself around, Desuray trips the girl over, flipping over to land to his feet as she falls to the ground.

"Y-YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE ME DOWN THAT EASY!"

Desuray roars, leaping into the air and infusing his foot with Ultima, landing down ready to crush the woman through the roof.

'D—Does this kid have no idea of property damage!?'

She questions, reaching for her pistols and aiming them upward, firing off two more Raio-Shots as he falls, only for them to be kicked away one after another by Desuray's foot.