Chapter-8

"Author's POV"

The first time when she took her hijab unintentionally made that day of her the best day throughout the whole semester.

"Haha.. Cheers! " ji-ho and yuri take a sip of their glasses while Millie drinks the whole in one go.  She laughs.

"You're definitely my chili  Millie! ", ji-ho pinches her cheeks, chucking While gripping her phone. She flattens.

" well admitted that you're something irresistible, jiho! " Yuri says with a smirk.

Ji-ho laughs in amusement, "I told you guys! Be consistent and you'll see the results. That chick has taken her so called cover. What she said on that first day,.. Uh.. Yeah... Expensive things are always covered. Blah blah... " she imitates fatima's tone.

The other two burst out laughing. They are chit chatting while ji-ho is scrolling her Instagram, checking her friend suggestions, " who is he? "

She opens an account named 'Lee yejun?. Yuri checks the account as ji-ho shows her, "he? He's our senior, I saw him coming uni because of his thesis. Not on a daily basis but.. Yeah".

Ji-ho nods as she sees his posts, Millie's eyes sparkle, " he is hot and cute at the same time, omo! ".

Yuri scoffs, " not again, you drool over each guy you see"

"Each hot and sexy one, ok? " Millie rolls her eyes.

Ji-ho chuckles.
All three of them are having dinner at some fancy restaurant. They were having conversation when a middle aged waiter approaches their table, he clears his throat as his eyes are lowered, " mam! Are you satisfied with our service? Anything else you need".

They pay their attention to that man, jiho Narrows her eyes, looks at the man's chest, at which the name badge is chipped, "M. ya-qoob? This name seems familiar" she says in her mind.

Millie smirks and says in a mocking way, "is this restaurant run out of pretty handsome men, so they started hiring old cheap machines? "

Yuri laughs. They are used to roast insult each human being they see.

That man is no other but fatima's father Muhammad Yaqoob.

He stays silent in response to their mocks. Ji-ho, after throwing questioning stares, finally speaks, " our bill? "

"Yes mam! " he places the bill book on table. She checks the bill, then looks back at him, takes out the cash from her bag and places the notebook back. Then she places 10,000 wons over the notebook, with a smirk she says arrogantly, "your tip mister! "

Mister Yaqoob looks at the tip money then back to ji-ho. He immediately drops his eyes but his heart aches seeing that rudeness.

In South Korea, giving tip to waiters is considered bad, it's an indirect insult to waiters. As their income is good enough, but giving tips means you're looking down on them.

Mr. Yaqoob with a heavy heart takes the notebook, turns and leaves them but he can hear their laughing sounds. He looks up at the ceiling and prays under his breath, "sukhr alhamdulillah that I taught my daughters respect and kindness. Ya yahhu ya qayyom!
(یا حیی یاقیوم) !! Protect my daughters from falling in any bad company". And he leaves back to his work.

.....

The next week is exams, Fatima thought a lot about her wears then she took it lightly, cause there is nothing similar in her house and her campus. So she can wear different things in different places. There was too much study pressure on her so in order to skip those mocks or differ from her uni life, she removed the barrier. So just as the first day, she started hanging her scarf in her neck, then put on the hijab of that scarf,  leaving for home. And her life became smooth. No worries, no mocks, no judgments, just a normal life.