Chapter 2

George and his mother arrived back home half an hour later when he got out of the car and walked to the door on his own. His mother then threw the keys over to him and he caught them. He opened the door and waited for his mother as she locked the car. She walked to the door and shut it when she walked through it she asked, "do you feel better now you're home?" and he replied, "much. Thanks mum." They went to the living room and sat down on the sofa. "I hope I can get to college soon." George wanted to get back to college to get ready for his exams. "Focus on getting better first."

George and his mother sat in silence for a while. He broke the silence by saying, "I'm sorry if I'm making it hard for you mum." "Don't apologise. You can't help it. You're genes are kicking in, that's all." George started to hold his head again. "What's wrong now?" she was concerned again. "I think another migraine is coming on." His mother was still certain that it was his werewolf genes that were making him feel ill. "Go and have a lie down and see if you feel better after a while." He walked up the stairs and went to his room and got into bed and closed his eyes to try and sleep his migraine off.

A few minutes later he fell asleep and he started to turn onto the right side of his body and fell into another deep sleep.

Within his dream...

George was standing outside of his house when he saw Alex lying still on the concrete ground. "Alex?" he asked. He walked up to him as Alex got up and stood up straight. He then started to walk up to a building where there were steps that were leading to the roof of the building. George followed him up the steps. When they got to the top of the building, George grabbed Alex's arm as he was walking towards the edge of the building. They both stood at the edge of the building as Alex was at the position where he was about to jump off of the building.

George couldn't take it any more. He gripped him even tighter, hoping that Alex wouldn't take his final step to his doom, but he only put one leg forward as George screamed, "NOOOOO!" Alex put his lifted foot down and fell off of the building and George didn't because his arms slipped the moment Alex fell. "ALEX!" George screamed out. He ran all the way down the stairs and when he turned around to the alley where Alex fell, he saw his body. He slowly approached his body to see if he survived the fall.

As he approached him, he could see blood running down his left arm and on his head. "Alex?" he asked softly. He didn't reply. George walked right up to him and saw the amount of blood that Alex was losing. He said, "why Alex? Why? It's dangerous to do that." He watched Alex who was still not moving. He walked closer towards him and said with a tear falling down from his left eye, "Alex... please... wake up." He still didn't move but he was only just breathing. "Alex, what were you thinking?" he tried coming round. "Urrr. What happened?" "One minute you were on the ground and then you started walking up the steps up to the top of this building and I tried to stop you. I wrapped both of my arms around you as hard as I could so that you didn't fall. But you did, and you got hurt. You were unconscious and your head and arm is bleeding. I'll take you to the hospital."

He grabbed Alex's arm and put it around his as he helped him up and called for a taxi. Within minutes the taxi arrived. When he helped Alex to get in, the driver asked, "where would you like to go?" George replied quickly, "hospital please. And hurry." He just wanted to make sure that Alex was going to survive with the amount of blood that he lost but was still losing.

Minutes later they were at the hospital. George paid the taxi driver and told him to keep the change and he took Alex through the accident and emergency entrance. "I need a doctor and quick." A doctor and a nurse approached him and Alex and got both of Alex's arms around them to take him to a room to see to his wounds. "Do you know what happened?" the doctor asked. George replied worryingly, "yes. One minute he was on the ground, and then he started to walk up some steps to the top of a high building. I grabbed him and told him not to jump but he put his leg out and he fell and hurt himself and I ran down the stairs to help him." "Wait in the waiting room and we will let you know what's happening when we can."