Chapter 7

George's wolf decided to talk to him as it was just him and Claire. ' George, Claire is close to waking up. If I were you, I'd get Jonathan. Let him know straight away.' He got up and walked into the kitchen and said "Jonathan?" "Yes?" George then gestured his hand to get Jonathan to follow him. "What's wrong?" "My wolf told me to tell you that Claire is almost ready to wake up." "Okay. I'll take it from here." George didn't want to leave them as he said, "she's my cousin. Can I stay as well? You never know when you might need me." Claire moved her head as they both watched her as she began to wake up.

George took most of the cover off of her so he could take her hand. Jonathan watched him as he could sense that George was worried about his cousin. "She's going to be fine you know. I've known her longer than you and it won't be long." "I hope you're right." As Claire began to wake up Jonathan said, "take as long as you need." She opened her eyes and said, "Jonathan." George gripped her hand tighter as Jonathan said, "you're ok. Everything is going to be fine." "What happened?" "My dad sensed that you collapsed, he ran all the way to where you were and carried you back here."

"Where's everyone else?" George said as he was worried about her, "they're in the kitchen." Claire noticed that her hand was being held. "It's ok." "My father is going to kill me for sure for being late." "Tell him you were on your way when you collapsed." George asked, "have you changed to your form yet?" "Yes. Would you like to see?" Jonathan said calmly, "when you are ready." She started to sit up as George helped her. He held her arm as he helped her to stand as Claire knelt down on the floor. When she was ready she nodded to let George know to let her go. When he did, she shifted into her form.

George and Jonathan saw Claire in her true form for the first time. She asked through a connection, 'what do you think?' George said out loud, "you look wonderful." Jonathan spoke next as he said, "you look beautiful." He looked to George and said, "I think I'm in love." He then passed out. George caught him as he laid Jonathan on the floor and as Claire walked over to them. "Jonathan. Wake up." George shook him hard as Claire changed back to her human form. "I've really done it now. Mike will definitely kill me." "No I won't." The sound of his voice made Claire and George look to him as he continued. "I won't kill you. This isn't your fault."

As Mike could sense what was happening to Jonathan he said, "I'll keep an eye on him in case if it is Jack." Claire took hold of George's arm as she said "I want to talk to you about something, but I don't want to upset you." "You're family, it counts." "If you're planning to save your father, then I'd like to help you." "Claire...no." "But-" "no buts. He might hurt you again. You're badly bruised." She asked while trying to change the subject "so do you really like how my form looks?" She asked again as he didn't reply. "George? Do you like my form?" She looked at him to see that something was wrong. "It's my father again isn't it?" he nodded. "I think he knows something. I've got a bad feeling that he'll do something to me. Go and get my mum. Please." "Okay. You're going to be fine. I promise."

George was laid down on the sofa when Claire returned with George's mother she said, "George, I brought your mum." He didn't reply as his mother said, "I need to get one of the others. Don't leave him on his own." Claire held George's hand and felt his head, he felt warm. "I don't know, she's my niece in law. She didn't know this would happen, please believe me." Claire looked to George's mother with Mike and Jonathan's mother. "I do believe you."

Mike and Jonathan's mother walked over to George as Claire said, "he's burning up. He said it's my father." "Get away from me! I hate you!" George shouted out. Claire didn't understand why George was shouting. "He doesn't mean what he's saying does he?" His mother replied while trying to calm George down, "no. He doesn't mean what he says. It's not often that he acts like this." Mike and Jonathan's mother said quietly, "I'll get a flannel with some water." As she left, Claire was scared for George and for his mother. "I just don't want my father to hurt him." "He'll be fine Claire."