Chapter 14

George walked to the back door, walked outside and released his wolf to give him some air for a while. He told his wolf that he would get some air every day. George sat still as his wolf was in control for a while. He growled as he looked his tail. He chased it in circles for a while as his parents watched him by the back door. His mother laughed quietly so George didn't hear what they said. "He's better, don't you think?" They both laughed at George as they continued to watch him. "Yeah. Let him have some fun for a while. He hasn't had this much fun in years I bet." "No he hasn't. It's nice to see him so happy. Just look at him smile."

They went back to the kitchen to let George have some fun. Claire asked, "what's he doing?" George's mother said while smiling, "he's chasing his tail." "That's not like him." "If it keeps him occupied, that's all that matters. He's happy. And if he's happy, I'm happy." Mike suddenly walked into the living room and asked, "how is he?" "He's having a good time. Go and take a look." Jonathan, Claire and Christian followed Mike to see what George was doing outside.

They saw George chasing his tail. "It must be an itch or something." "He's definitely smiling." They laughed as George suddenly noticed them. He returned to human form as he curiously asked, "what?" "We were watching you enjoy yourself. You deserve to have some fun after what you've gone through." "Something was bothering my tail." "And then you chased it." George cocked his head sideways and said, "can't I have ten minutes to myself anymore?" "If it's here in the back, then we don't mind." George suddenly felt cold.

His father sensed how he felt. "Come here." George walked over to him as they walked into the living room and George suddenly felt a surge inside him. George warned his father, "I can feel something inside me. I can't...." He stood up and walked away from his father. "You can't what George?" His mother then walked into the room and saw that George held his body as if he was cold. "George?" She asked with worry. She walked up to him as his father told her not to touch him. George then quickly walked over to his father as he pushed George to the wall.

George hit his head on the wall as he then hit it on the ground, hard. His mother was furious as George was unconscious. "George." His father picked him up and carried him to bed. He pulled the cover over George and quietly left him to recover. He didn't mean to hurt him and knock him out. "I didn't mean to hurt him Jane. I really didn't." "I know Jack. You were only doing what you could." He hugged her as Claire asked, "what do we do now?" Christian answered, "we wait until he wakes up."

Claire heard George screaming in his dream as she could sense what he dreamed about. She walked upstairs and stayed with George, even though he looked peaceful. "I must be going crazy." Christian followed her as he asked, "why do you think that?" She turned around and said, "I heard George screaming in his dream, but he's quiet. I just thought that checking on him wouldn't hurt." "He's safe with us Claire." "Where's James?" "He said that he wants to go home to see his parents, auntie and uncle. He said he'd come back. I think he's homesick."

Claire understood as she looked to George and saw him wake up. "George?" "Claire?" Christian stayed stood in the doorway as he decided to comfort Claire. "Where's James?" Christian told George, "he's going home for a while. Jonathan's going to drive him to the airport with Mike and they'll be back as soon as they can." "Are you going to help keep me safe until they get back?" "Of course. They'll be going in five minutes."

Mike and Jonathan set off to take James to the airport so he could go home for a few days. While George waited for Mike and Jonathan to return, Claire and his parents stayed with him along with Mike and Jonathan's parents.

By the time Mike and Jonathan returned, George and Claire was on the sofa sleeping. Mike and Jonathan saw George and Claire as they saw that Claire rested her head on George's left shoulder as he rested his head on Claire's head as his arm was wrapped around her waist. They saw George's mother enter the room with two covers. "Did James get on the plane okay?" "Yes. We made sure he got on the plane ok and then we left. He told us he'll ring us when he's off of the plane and we'll pick him up from the airport when he gets back. " She covered George and Claire over with the covers.