Chapter 16

George saw his uncle Jack completely calm as he was in the cage. He suggested keeping him in there until the darkness inside of him was gone. "That's a great idea actually." His father thought that was the best idea he heard all day as he saw his uncle's mouth move. "No. I can't be on lockdown in the cage." "Bro, trust me. If the darkness that's inside you is fading, then we'll keep you in there until it's gone." "Fine. I'm glad you care. My minions will probably figure out where I am and try to break me out." "Let us worry about that."

Claire walked into the basement as she walked down the stairs and walked to be in front of the cage. She began talking to her father. "Good morning dad." "Hi Claire. Listen, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to hurt you." "Is he feeling okay?" she asked everyone. "We're beginning to think that the cage is the key to helping him. He's calm, relaxed and he's speaking clearly and not yelling anymore." She asked her uncle if she could try putting her arm through the cage again to see if he really was different to what he was like the day before.

"I don't know Claire... Fine then. Be careful. Where's Christian?" "He's talking to Mike and Jonathan." He nodded as she proceeded by putting her arm carefully in the cage between the bars. Successfully, her father didn't budge until she saw him move his arm to take her hand. He was completely normal. He responded fine as he didn't drag her towards the cage.

Everyone didn't take notice of George's arm since he was bitten by Claire days ago. His father saw him holding his arm. "Does it hurt?" "A little. I thought I would've healed by now." His mother suddenly walked down the stairs and gave them some sad news. "I've told Mike, his brother and parents this. I've received a call from the hospital. Our nurse has been killed. It's just the doctor now." George could feel tears welling up in his eyes as she meant something to him since she helped him the moment his genes kicked in. And also as she helped to save his father and helped him when the earthquake occurred. His father hugged him and told him everything was going to be fine. She was always there and ready for him since the day he was born.

He couldn't lose one more person that was a part of his life. If he lost Alex, his life would have been over. If he lost his parent's, he wouldn't live without them. He'd join them. He had to fight to keep the people he loved around him. "If I lose one more person, even you Alex, it would be as if it was only my mum that was in my life again. It'll drain my energy, my confidence and I'll probably never leave my room. I'll run home, go to my room, lock myself in and stay there." "No you don't. You have a little sister to prepare for. Don't tell me you're regretting it." "I'm not. Honest."

George suddenly asked, "how did she die?" "Our nurse died while being attacked by one of your kind. Different pack. Quite new to this city." His father interrupted, "I'll avenge her death. I know how much she meant to you since she helped you and the others." "Jonathan and his dad are bringing her here to say goodbye tonight. Mike and his mum are preparing for tonight where she'll be freed. Her spirit will be released and she'll be able to roam around as a free spirit."

George's uncle felt how upset he was. George felt himself become worse as he walked back to his room and as his father followed him. "Try and get some sleep now. I'll wake you tonight when we're saying goodbye to her." He nodded as he closed his eyes and fell asleep until night fell.

Claire checked in on George from time to time to see how he was. Every time that she checked on him, he was asleep. When it was time for lunch, Christian checked in on his little cousin. He heard slight moans the moment he opened the door. George breathed a little heavy as Christian tried calming him down before he left. "Come on dear cousin. There's nothing to worry about. It's just a dream." He uncovered George a little and took his hand. "You're going to be fine." Then door then opened.