Chapter 4

His parents looked at him and his father asked worryingly, "what do you mean he might need surgery?" George's mother told them what happened. "He was wounded while protecting George." "What?" their mother wasn't pleased to hear that her son got hurt. Mike explained about what happened. "I walked with him and his mum when Jack appeared out of nowhere. We lied to him about George but he tried to get him when he grabbed a knife and pointed it at us. I distracted him and told them to run and save him. I almost had him when he stabbed me. George came back to get him when he lost sight of him."

Their nurse checked his bandage to see that it was clean. "Nothing's there. The bandage is clean." Mike's father offered "I'll change. And when I do get on me. We're taking you to a special hospital that deal with our kind. We'll see if they can help you as well George." Mike's mother replied, "I'll get Jonathan. He has to come with us as well." When she got Jonathan, he made sure that he hid the potion well so that no one would find it if someone decided to snoop. "Let's get him there and back as soon as possible."

Two hours passed when they arrived at the hospital. George and Jonathan helped Mike get off of his father as he returned to his human form. Their nurse said, "I'll get a doctor to help you. Wait here. I'll be as quick as possible." When one minute passed everyone saw her come out with a doctor. He said, "I've been told what happened and I'm willing to help you Mike. Let's get you inside and take a look." Mike's face dropped in case if he needed spraying again. Mike held his hip again as the doctor said, "just lie down on the bed and let me take a look." He lifted his t-shirt up above the bandage and instructed, "just keep hold of it for a moment." Mike kept hold of his t-shirt as the doctor removed the bandage.

The doctor looked shocked as he saw the wound. "I don't need spraying do I? I've had it twice and it really hurts." The doctor replied, "no. You don't need spraying." The doctor checked the wound again as Jonathan stood next to him and held Mike's hand. "The stab wound looks quite deep. I'm surprised you're still alive." Their nurse said to the doctor, "I cleaned the wound, sprayed him and bandaged him." The doctor replied shaking his head, "you should have brought him here as soon as he got hurt. I'll take him for a scan and I'll be back when I can with the results." Jonathan and his parents said their goodbyes to Mike as they waited for him to return from his scan.

When five minutes passed the doctor returned without Mike. George rested his head on his mother's shoulder and whispered to her, "this is my fault." His mother whispered back, "it's not. Come on." Jonathan and his parents looked worried as his father asked with worry, "well? Is he all right?" the doctor broke the news to them. "I'm sorry to say this. His injury is quite bad and he's in surgery now." George left the hospital as his mother followed him and Jonathan left his parents side to follow them as his mother cried her heart out on her husband's shoulder as he comforted her.

George's mother then left the hospital, looked to the right and looked down to see him sat down on the concrete floor with his head in his hands crying. "George?" she continued. "Everything will be fine." Jonathan saw her kneel down as he walked over to her and George. Jonathan asked, "George?" as he continued to talk to him. "This has nothing to do with you." "I'm just so sorry." George was too emotional and he couldn't apologise enough. "If my genes hadn't have kicked in, he wouldn't be in there." He wasn't mad at him or even upset with him. "If they didn't, I never would have found him and we would have never set our parents free from Jack. Thank You." George then lifted his head up and smiled as tears continued to fall from his eyes as they were outside for forty minutes, trying to calm him down.

George hugged his mother when she and Jonathan helped him up. Jonathan said to George, "let's get inside. You never know, he could be out in a few minutes." When they went back inside they saw the doctor talking to Mike and Jonathan's parents. They stood at the entrance until they saw the doctor leave. When he did, they walked up to them as Jonathan asked them, "what did he say?" his mother replied calmly, "he said that Mike will be in for a few more minutes. He's doing well and they've started to stitch where they've operated." "Thank goodness." Jonathan was relieved that his brother was going to be fine.