Chapter 19

Within minutes, George woke up slowly as his father kneeled beside him next to his mother. "How are you?" "Alright I guess. Where are the others?" "They're around, don't worry." He suddenly felt stronger than usual. "I feel stronger." "Really?" his father asked. "Yeah." He sat up while the doctor helped him. "I'll need to see how strong you are. Give me your hand." He did what he said as the doctor breathed deeply.

"You're stronger... a lot stronger. Try testing your strength on your dad." George shook his head as he was worried as he thought he might've hurt him. "I'll be fine. Let's just see. I trust you son." He took a deep breath and nodded. Alex suddenly walked into the room to see George, but he knew that they wanted to be alone. "I'll come back later." "No Alex. Please stay." "I can't take it anymore pal. I have to tell my mum I'm here and alive." "Tell her then. It's time she was told the truth. She could still be crying, on her own, even though if she needed to talk to someone, Mike gave her his number." "I'll call her. Can she come over?" "Sure. Ask Mike and Jonathan first though."

When Alex returned, he said, "She's coming... I'm nervous." George placed his hand on his shoulder. Alex then held his right hand up and showed him his shaky hand. "Don't worry. I'll explain."

When a couple of hours passed, there was a knock on the door, showing that Alex's mother had arrived. "Are you ready?" He took a deep breath and nodded. "Hi Mike. I'm here to see Alex." "Of course. Please come in. He's in the living room." He closed the door and said, "this way." As he led her to the living room, she saw Alex, alive and well.

She ran to him and took him in her arms. "I've been told about everything. I'm sorry you're like George." "It's alright." "Thanks for telling me what happened George. And... where's your mum?" "I'm here." She looked towards the kitchen door to see George's mother as she said pleased, "hi Jane." "Hi. Pleased to see him now?" She nodded as she rested her head on her son's head. "I am." "George's uncle kidnapped me and brought me back to life. I'm here now and Mike and his family took care of me... along with George, his cousins and his parents. Am I okay to go home now?" Mike nodded. "Of course. You're free to go home. Come back any time." "Thank you. Please thank Jonathan for me and I'll see you later George." "Okay. I will." They hugged as they then released each other and Alex left to go back home to be with his mother.

"I told her that he may shift from time to time, but with him being new to this, it's normal." Claire suddenly walked into the living room and asked, "how did it go?" "He's gone home with his mum." "Good. Jonathan says he wants to see me in his room. I'll be there if you need me." "Alright." As she left there was a commotion in the kitchen. "Shoot!" "What's my brother done now?" "I'll check." He opened the kitchen door to see that a plate was broken. "Everything alright in here?" "Yeah. I was just sorting out the dishes and such and I dropped the plate and broke it."

Mike entered the kitchen to grab a drink as he looked to the ground to see the broken plate. "I'll tell him he's one plate short." He left the room. When he returned, he said calmly, "Jonathan said it's not a problem. He'll buy a new one when he's ready." "Phew." "I've agreed to leave him to talk to Claire for a while. If I want to see him, please stop me. Even if something is wrong. I want him to have some privacy. That way I don't lose my cool." "Sure thing."

"Karen?" "What do you see? Karen! Vision alert!" She was down within a flash and took George to the living room and sat him on the sofa. "Has he said anything?" Mike shook his head. "Apart from your name, no." She laid George down and relaxed him as she then told him to take his time. "Tell us what you see or what you saw as soon as you're ready." He nodded and gasped as if he was in pain.

"Are you hurt? Is he hurting you?" He tossed and turned as Karen held him still. "Stacey, my bag please. Shhhh. It's going to be fine." When Stacey handed Karen her bag, she told her to keep talking to him while she grabbed what she needed to get for George. She had a tiny needle to inject him with and put the solution into it and injected him when she told Stacey to hold him down.