Chapter 12

When the morning arrived, there was a knock on the door. George was awake as well as Claire and they saw that Jonathan was fast asleep on the sofa. George answered the door as Claire walked into the living room to stay with Jonathan. As George opened the door, he saw a man standing there. "Hi," George said as he then asked, "can I help you?" The man replied, "yes. I'm looking for my little sister. She has blue eyes and blonde hair." George invited the stranger into the house as he asked, "what's your name?" "Christian. My sister's name is Claire." George's parents walked down the stairs as they saw Christian and George talking. "Claire?" "Yes?" she asked as George called her name. "Come here a minute." Claire shortly joined George and Christian. When Christian saw Claire he smiled and said, "hi Claire." "Hi. And you are?" "Your brother. I know you were never told about me, I'm here now. I've lived with mum until I decided to see you. She wants me to call her when I can to tell her if you're okay or not."

George asked Christian, "what's your mum's name?" "Janet." Claire ran into Christian's arms. "I said to the others that I thought having an older brother wouldn't be too bad. I wish you and mum took me with you." "I wanted to. She thought you'd be safe with our father, but obviously not. You were only eight after all and I'd doubt that you'd remember." Claire shook her head as Mike walked down the stairs as he saw George and his family by the stairs. "Can we all go into the living room or something? It's getting crowded here." George told Mike, "Jonathan's in there sleeping." "Ok. Go outside and I'll stay with Jonathan. And who is this?" Christian held his hand out and said, "Christian. Claire's older brother." Mike and Christian shook hands and Mike introduced himself. " I'm Mike. Nice to meet you. My brother Jonathan is the one sleeping on the sofa."

Mike then told everyone, "go outside. I'll stay with Jonathan until he wakes up." As George and his cousins went outside he asked, "did you know anything about me?" "No. I'm guessing that you are a close friend of Claire's?" George nodded. "Her cousin. That makes you my cousin too." "I'll call my mum. Claire can talk to her then." He dialled the number and waited for his mother to answer the phone. "Hi mum, it's me. I've found Claire, she's with our cousin..." "George." "Cousin George." A few seconds passed as Christian handed the phone over to Claire. "Hi mum. I miss you so much."

When Claire finished her conversation, she asked her mother if she wanted to talk to George and she said yes. "Hi Auntie Janet... Yes, fine. I've got my dad back after eighteen years and I'm glad I met Claire. She's the best, and she's been taking care of me and my family and friends who's helping me through this." George listened to what his auntie had to say until he said, "okay, thanks for the talk. Hope to see you soon... bye." He handed Christian's mobile back to him as he thanked Christian.

"Ok. Now what do we do?" Claire saw George's parents walking towards the back door and said "your parents are coming George." He stood up as he walked towards them. "Good morning." "Hi. Who's talking to Claire?" his mother asked. "Claire's Brother Christian. Their mother told him to look for her and here he is. He's let their mum know where they are. I've talked to her and she told me to take extra care of Claire."

James then walked through the back door and said, "I've already told Mike this, I'm going to be upstairs all day working things out on how to figure things out with Jack." "Ok," the others replied as James then left. Claire walked over to George and his parents with Christian while holding his hand. They all walked back into the house and into the living room to see that Jonathan had woken up. Claire said to Jonathan, "good morning." "Morning. Feeling better?" "Lots, thanks. Who's this?" Claire took a deep breath and told him, "my older brother Christian. Our mum sent him over to find me." Jonathan greeted Christian and shook his hand.

When the time passed, Claire was alone with James as he began to act weird. Claire tried to leave James's room as he pulled her arm and covered her mouth with his hand. He led her downstairs, opened the front door and walked out of it with Claire and closed the door as he left with her. Christian called out, "Claire, I need a word." When he didn't hear her reply he walked upstairs and checked her room. When he saw that she wasn't there, he walked to James's room and he wasn't there.