Chapter 11

As Jonathan didn't change, his mother tried to keep him calm. She told everyone, "it's Jack." "Get out of my head!" "Jonathan, fight him." Mike told his mother worryingly, "he is fighting him mum. He can't fight for much longer. Jack will get what he wants." Claire sat next to Jonathan and said, "no he won't."  She kept talking to Jonathan as she continued, "don't let my father do this to you Jonathan. You're stronger than him." She then took Jonathan's right hand and told him to not give up. "Claire, let go of his hand. I don't want him to hurt you." His mother stroked Jonathan's hair back as she tried to keep him calm.

Jonathan raised his arm to Claire as she said, "I can't Jonathan." "Please." She looked to Mike as he nodded and said with caution, "be careful." She then nodded back as she took Jonathan's hand again. Claire had an idea that might help Jonathan to calm down. "Do you think if I shift he might calm down?" Mike looked to his father as he told her "yes. See if that will work." Claire shifted as she moved Jonathan's hand with her nose. 'Jonathan it's me. You'll be fine.' He stroked Claire's fur as he began to calm down.

When Jonathan was calm he sat up and asked "George, Where is he?" His father answered, "he's right here." Mike asked, "what did you see?" "You. Jack. Claire and George." The others saw a tear escape from Jonathan's right eye. "You and George. He killed you both." "Oh Jonathan." Mike offered a hug for him and Jonathan accepted the hug. "I'm not going anywhere. Jack will never stop me." As Mike was trying to calm Jonathan down their mother asked, "better?" He answered still upset, "yeah." Mike never let Jonathan go as he wondered, "I hope you won't be effected when this is over." "Me either. I can't take it anymore."

It took Jonathan twenty minutes to calm down as Mike held him the whole time. Mike helped him to stand as he said, "sit on the sofa with James and relax for the day." "I want to help you." "Hey. Older than me or not, you need to relax. You've been effected and we want you to regain your strength again." Jonathan nodded as he said, "thanks Claire. You are a really big help." Claire nodded as she remained in her wolf form.

George didn't want Claire to be the only one to be in her form as he sensed she was lonely. He told his parents that he would change and he did as he then laid down on the floor next to Claire. James saw that George really cared about Claire as he said, "I think Claire is happy that George met her. He really doesn't want anything to happen to her does he?" George's mother answered, "no he doesn't. She's with us now and I wouldn't let my brother in law hurt her. He has done, but he won't now."

James asked, "Claire? Do you like having white fur?" She didn't reply. George talked to James through a connection. ' She's lost with her thoughts. She wants to be alone.' "Ok George, thanks." "Is there anything I can do to help?" George's mother asked. "No thanks." He paused as he then continued, "I really do appreciate all of your help. And I'm sorry about Jack doing this to you." He looked to Jonathan and he saw that his eyes were closed as he told everyone, "don't worry about me. I'll be fine." James grabbed the cover from the chair and placed it over Jonathan.

James asked, "does he usually feel tired after not being himself?" "Sometimes." Mike answered. "He was kidnapped when we were younger. Four years we haven't seen each other. He found us and that's how we were reunited. When I began protecting George. Jack changed him but he broke free. He told us that he was my brother, I read his mind and I knew he told the truth. He's where he belongs. I have my own home, but I think I should sell it and live here with Jonathan. I can't bare to leave him on his own. Our parents might be here but I don't want to live on my own anymore. I have to protect my family." "I understand Mike," James told him. "I lost my parents when I was young. My aunt and uncle raised me since my adoptive parents left me when I turned sixteen and I keep in contact with them since I moved out and into my own home."